Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

so&so

Re: Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

Post by so&so »

Who’s Marc DeMacko?
daCod

Post by daCod »

Rick
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TonnyHarrison

Post by TonnyHarrison »

Finally found another Oracle V1 after selling mine a few years ago. This thing sounds outstanding. I’m not sure what kind of circuit it is, but it sounds great.
Attachments
B7F18932-92E1-48EE-8AF2-48C5C230FDFE.jpeg
B7F18932-92E1-48EE-8AF2-48C5C230FDFE.jpeg (875.51 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

monolithfuzz wrote: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:52 pm Donovan's right on re: the Muff qualities....

The Oracle is a two-transistor Germanium circuit, so any tonal similarities to a Muff are just a result of tweaking the circuit by ear. It'll sing, but was also designed to give a really useable, dynamic "Fuzzed OD" tone at lower Density settings. Its certainly not a 4-trannie BM build, thats for sure : ) The goal with the Oracle was to juice as much out of as few components as possible. In so many cases while tweaking this box, I found myself removing components I had added. An exercise in trying to acheive balance, and though its cliche', less was certainly more in this case.

Bryan's got an Oracle in the works. Its going to rip. :mrgreen:

Here we go! Always tempted with this build but never pulled thr trigger....
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

The oracle is such a great pedal! It’s a modified MK 1.5 I believe. And while it can be pretty fuzzy like the 1.5 it also has a super versatile gain range where it can be dialed in for overdrive type sounds. Haven’t heard from monolith mike in a while but I hope he is well and builds some pedals again he made some rad stuff!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
The-kangass

Post by The-kangass »

redeyeflight wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:53 am The oracle is such a great pedal! It’s a modified MK 1.5 I believe. And while it can be pretty fuzzy like the 1.5 it also has a super versatile gain range where it can be dialed in for overdrive type sounds. Haven’t heard from monolith mike in a while but I hope he is well and builds some pedals again he made some rad stuff!
It is basically MK 1.5 with heavily tweeked bigmuff tonestack. It is also PNP and negative ground. pretty unique stuff - hope to find one myself some day for reasonable price...
TonnyHarrison

Post by TonnyHarrison »

Thanks for all the info, I guess a really like the 1.5 then. Really love this thing wide open or dialed back.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Yea it really doesn’t sound all that much like a traditional 1.5 to me its really its own thing. Great pedal!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Spook

Post by Spook »

Congrats Tony !:)
I have been looking for one for a while, where did u find it ?
:pazuzu:
TonnyHarrison

Post by TonnyHarrison »

Hey man sorry took a minute. A guy at the Gear Page posted it for sale, and he happened to be about 30 minutes away from me! Was lucky, but I will admit I paid quite a bit for it...almost 400 dollars...so it was a little painful for the wallet. but honestly if I could find my old Kings Head id probably pay 400 for it as well. I messaged the guy who bought it off Reverb a long time ago to see if he wanted to sell it back to me lol. He said no.