Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

pothole

Re: Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

Post by pothole »

Popped into a local pawn shop to kill some time the other day and they had just marked all their music gear down 50% that day, poked around and came out with these. At $350 out the door for both, I just couldn't help myself...look at the saddles on that bridge setup tho...ha! I've got it somewhat dialed in now..

PXL_20211025_224714122.jpg
PXL_20211025_224714122.jpg (754.25 KiB) Viewed 899 times
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

Spook wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:36 am Spray it with deoxit
HorseyBoy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:12 am If you're anywhere near competent with a soldering iron, a foot switch is an easy replacement.
daCod wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 pm Try cleaning it before replacing it. I bought an old Catalinbread boost pedal that needed a new foot switch. It worked for a bit when I sprayed DeOxit in the switch. But I’m the end I took a small flathead screwdriver, pried the tabs back and removed the insides. Cleaned the contact points then reassembled. Has been fine ever since :tu:
Dr Tony Balls wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:10 pm Yes. A guy contacted me about repairing a SonicVI a little while ago and I first just checked to see if Danny was doing repairs. He is, and if you want his email address shoot me a PM.
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll try to get a hold of Deoxit first and see how that plays out. I'm okay with a soldering iron, having done some wiring harness work in my guitars. However, I don't know if I want to potentially deface someone else's fine work with a hack job... Thanks for the offer, Dr. Balls! PM coming your way shortly! (Although I have to say, I'm tempted to just get a hold of Jerms, as some other MkIs in the collection are now acting up! I just want them all to have a clean bill of health! :bangs head: )
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

pothole wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:46 pm Popped into a local pawn shop to kill some time the other day and they had just marked all their music gear down 50% that day, poked around and came out with these. At $350 out the door for both, I just couldn't help myself...look at the saddles on that bridge setup tho...ha! I've got it somewhat dialed in now..

PXL_20211025_224714122.jpg
Spectacular set up - all in one grab!

:freakout:
dreichula

Post by dreichula »

fever606 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:14 pm Well I certainly didn't expect this to happen...

:badlove: oh shit! i didn't know they still made those outside of the s2000 reissues.
fever606

Post by fever606 »

dreichula wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:53 pm :badlove: oh shit! i didn't know they still made those outside of the s2000 reissues.
Ha yeah this is one of the 90s “reissue” units… it’s funny because I nearly pulled the trigger on a Traynor tube reverb a couple weeks ago! Can’t wait to compare this to my buddy’s ‘66 Fender Reverb unit…
TeleSoul

Post by TeleSoul »

Those Matamps are amazing. A friend of mine bought a Peter Green prototype that never made production (the reverb was in the head of a custom S2000) from a store I was working in at the time and it’s just phenomenal.
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

Guitar center used score, surprisingly came with all the fixings
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
dreichula

Post by dreichula »

fever606 wrote: Can’t wait to compare this to my buddy’s ‘66 Fender Reverb unit…
A matamp/fender reverb comparison recording would be super cool...

It would also be cool to hear it used in a matamp's effects loop, as those are supposed to be some of the only things that actually match their weird impedance.
fever606

Post by fever606 »

TeleSoul wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:33 am Those Matamps are amazing. A friend of mine bought a Peter Green prototype that never made production (the reverb was in the head of a custom S2000) from a store I was working in at the time and it’s just phenomenal.
Whew! I'll bet that was something!
dreichula wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:21 pm
fever606 wrote: Can’t wait to compare this to my buddy’s ‘66 Fender Reverb unit…
A matamp/fender reverb comparison recording would be super cool...

It would also be cool to hear it used in a matamp's effects loop, as those are supposed to be some of the only things that actually match their weird impedance.
We'll see what we can do as far as a video is concerned... sadly no Matamp to pair it with, but my Hiwatt and his Science should put it through its paces... :oldgrin:

This whole endeavour is definitely ramping up my desire to get back into an OR though...
dreichula

Post by dreichula »

Honestly anything would be great. Those things are so rare and I haven't been able to find any demos. Pictures/videos of that crazy Peter Green prototype would be tight too haha!