Tremolo Pedals - School me!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Dullboy

Re: Tremolo Pedals - School me!

Post by Dullboy »

Hello, dig anybody notice a volume increase when you turn on tremolo on the Flint?
Is it normal?
Thanks
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Dullboy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:08 pm Hello, dig anybody notice a volume increase when you turn on tremolo on the Flint?
Is it normal?
Thanks
You can change the volume settings of the Flint but you’d have to check the manual for how I rhink :tu:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

No volume jump when I had mine but you can adjust in secondary settings as Adrian stated
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

Yeah, it’s one of the secondary function.
Ben
welshchris

Post by welshchris »

fav trem I’ve owned was the Voodoo Labs trem. Super pedals don’t think have seen it mentioned here yet.
... No I can't turn down
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

thanks guys!!!
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jtn191

Post by jtn191 »

I have an Alexander Equilibrium and MM4 for tremolo. prefer Bias Trem. I modded the Alexander to be unity gain volume (was boosted). I also really like harmonic tremolo (brownface style)
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

Just got a Source Audio Vertigo and it's easily the best tremolo pedal I've ever had.

The Strymon Flint is great but the modes are pretty static, the only controls you get are depth, speed and volume (secondary function). Also the Opto blackface trem is pretty poor, doesn't sound a thing like Fender amp trem.

With the Vertigo you get a wave shape knob like a Boss TR-2 (but this one morphs the wave between square - stock - reverse sawtooth), the bias trem is equally as good as the Flint, the harmonic is slightly less Magnatone-like and more like a real harmonic trem, and the opto ("normal") mode actually nails the blackface trem sound.

Using the phone app or the PC editor you can deep dive into the EQ and additional trem engines (the "alternate shapes" mode offers triangle and sawtooth) and it's fully midi compatible if you're into such anorak things.

This is the first trem where I can not only emulate my beloved Danelectro Tuna Melt, EQ and all, but create a sharable preset for it!
Ben
Enjoyer

Post by Enjoyer »

Gemma Thrush wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 am Can any of the pedals mentioned so far come close to this?

LOVE that song! Nice find!
Could possibly be the old 60’s Vox Repeat Percussion and a good Fuzz, maybe an FZ-1a. Just guessing.
Check out the Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird Repeat Percussion pedal. It will get you there.

Edit: typo