Most underappreciated fuzz pedals?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

jreeves47

Re: Most underappreciated fuzz pedals?

Post by jreeves47 »

Enclosure reminds me of arbiter jumbo fuzz- big muff with germ noise gate.
LJN

Post by LJN »

I really like that Tone Bender style case!
I like fuzz that produces nasty, crazy, amp-fixin-to-blow chaos.
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

Zoom UF-01 Ultra Fuzz
This pedal has two different fuzz voicings, one modeled after the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi, and the other
modeled after the Dallas-Arbiter Fuzz Face, and the UF-01’s Color knob allows you to blend between the two.

Frantone Peachfuzz Fuzztone
The pedal contains not one transistor! In fact, it contains three ICs, two of which are
power amplifiers and one of which is a precision Texas Instruments op-amp of very high quality.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Don't let your loyalty become slavery, if they don't appreciate what you bring to the table, let them eat alone."
Kellrazor

Post by Kellrazor »

abanoise wrote:Elka Dizzy Tone. I discovered it a couple of month ago and it quickly became one of my most favourite fuzzboxes. Massive, evil, with big bottom end. Anyways, I haven't seen one of them (or a clone) in a pedalboard before.

Fender Blender also; I'd really love if someone could make a modern take of if.

Jext Telez make a Dizzy Tone, and usually offer them in runs of 50 or 25. I have a JT Dizzy V4 that absolutely floors me. I also have the matching Range Lord to couple with it. It's spot on Elka tone.
Also Stonefly makes a much rarer version of the Dizzy Tone called the Grizzly Fuzz. I haven't played one yet, but it's on my short list and Marc is a phenomenal builder. I also see that Ghost Effects has a Dizzy Tone build as well that looks spectacular. Definitely under appreciated...
Kellrazor

Post by Kellrazor »

Mid-Fi Glitch Computer had a beast fuzz lurking within, someone at Mid-Fi actually recognized and stripped out the Glitch for a build they call Non-Computer. It's a speaker melter. Unity gain is a spec above 0 (0-10). I have a lot of fun with it on an attenuated Swart amp... but it's way to massive going through my Mesa. I'm still a big fan of the original Glitch build.
lucillo

Post by lucillo »

:tu:
jtn191 wrote:Not old and rare but I got a Visual Sound Angry Fuzz that does the fuzz and octave thing pretty well. Got it cheap in NY. It is ugly af
lucillo

Post by lucillo »

:wink2:
jerms wrote:we all appreciate so much fuzz here... it's hard to think of stuff that's under appreciated..... :hihi: maybe menatone stuff.... like the red snapper, chawbox, top boost in a can, the pig and foxy brown... all excellent boxes (the pic is just a generic one i pulled from the netz not mine)
lucillo

Re:

Post by lucillo »

:oldgrin:
Jim Goad wrote:Ibanez FZ7. Loud, gnarly & can go from gated octave madness to smooth with the 'damage' switch.
lucillo

Post by lucillo »

:hihi:
jerms wrote:harmon boosters rule!!! :crackjam:
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

lucillo wrote: :tu:
jtn191 wrote:Not old and rare but I got a Visual Sound Angry Fuzz that does the fuzz and octave thing pretty well. Got it cheap in NY. It is ugly af
lucillo wrote: :wink2:
jerms wrote:we all appreciate so much fuzz here... it's hard to think of stuff that's under appreciated..... :hihi: maybe menatone stuff.... like the red snapper, chawbox, top boost in a can, the pig and foxy brown... all excellent boxes (the pic is just a generic one i pulled from the netz not mine)
lucillo wrote: :oldgrin:
Jim Goad wrote:Ibanez FZ7. Loud, gnarly & can go from gated octave madness to smooth with the 'damage' switch.
lucillo wrote: :hihi:
jerms wrote:harmon boosters rule!!! :crackjam:
Nuthin' stoppin' you from multi-quotin' in the same post in this wicked dormant thread. :cowboy:
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King