To brex or not to brex...

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Gemma Thrush

Re: To brex or not to brex...

Post by Gemma Thrush »

Journalistic integrity at the Daily Mail is about the same level as The National Enquirer.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

2guests wrote:...truth, or subversion from some group that would like to see the EU collapse?
Neither. That's the Daily Fail. It's just like someone wrote down all the stupid things your demented racist old uncle said over xmas dinner one year.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
DucRyder

Re: Re:

Post by DucRyder »

resynthesis wrote:
DucRyder wrote:We Americans supposedly live in a sovereign nation (though any nation with open borders isn't really sovereign) and this sovereign nation has a "North American Free Trade Agreement" or NAFTA signed by Mr. Bill Clinton which guarantees "free trade" between Mexico/ US /Canada....

would it be possible for the UK to have a similar "free trade" agreement with the EU? I'm sure just as the UK wants to do business with the EU, the EU wants the same?
There is already something in place that does this sort of thing. It's how Switzerland (amongst others) carries out its trading. There are the EEA and EFTA agreements which are a possibility. The other (weird) alternative is that Scotland and Gibraltar stay in the EU and the rest of the UK maintain connections in that way. This has been proposed in the last couple of days but it seems a bit convoluted.
Thank you for the explanation. I didn't even think about the Swiss not buying into the EU. You made me go do a quick search on switzerland and I read this:

"Switzerland is one of the most developed countries in the world, with the highest nominal wealth per adult and the eighth-highest per capita gross domestic product according to the IMF.[13][14] Switzerland ranks at or near the top globally in several metrics of national performance, including government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life, economic competitiveness, and human development. Zürich and Geneva have each been ranked among the top cities in the world in terms of quality of life, with the former ranked second globally, according to Mercer.[15]"

If the Swiss can claim this as a sovereign nation in Europe I bet the UK will be just fine. Since the currency never changed over there won't be any scramble at the banking level to move/change reserves to have a different currency in place for the public to use. All prices denominated the same. What does Brexit mean for the VAT taxes to UK citizens?
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
Turkish

Post by Turkish »

I have it on good authority that Cock Sparrer wanted out of the EU.
"The Meathead is supposed to break things" -The Captain
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Turkish wrote:I have it on good authority that Cock Sparrer wanted out of the EU.
Word is that England belongs to them.
Turkish

Post by Turkish »

Dr Tony Balls wrote:
Turkish wrote:I have it on good authority that Cock Sparrer wanted out of the EU.
Word is that England belongs to them.
Thats the response I was looking for! Dr. Balls FTW!
"The Meathead is supposed to break things" -The Captain
2guests

Post by 2guests »

Here is some good news from Reuters...

"FTSE makes up all its post-Brexit losses"

http://internal.uk.mobile.reuters.com/a ... KKCN0ZF21N
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »