SAM ADAMS LIGHT BEER

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Doc Holliday

SAM ADAMS LIGHT BEER

Post by Doc Holliday »

So ... many moons ago I did a Holiday tour on the east coast.
Back in O5 me and a pal of mine visited NYC, Niagra falls, Philly and WDC.
While there I grew quite accustomed to the Sam Adams light beer.
Again 2 years later in 07 we hit the west coast and while in LA this beer was still available.

Since I’ve been on the lookout in the UK and the only Sam Adams available is “Dark Beer”.

Is the light still available?
My sis has just came back from Florida and said she went to the supermarkets and couldn’t find any for me.
chankgeez

Re: SAM ADAMS LIGHT BEER

Post by chankgeez »

I just looked at the Sam Adams website. Apparently, it is still available. Finding it in the UK may be a different story though.

:cheers:
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Nice!!! Anywhere I can order in from ??
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Doc, you can do better man!! Sam Adams, while technically a "craft" beer, is pretty much looked at a lot like budwiser here in the usa. I can't imagine it'd taste much different than a clarsberg light or something similar that you can get over in the uk. Having said that id look for an bottleshop in the states that will ship internationally. Plan on it costing around $5 per bottle though it's not cheap. Have you checked out buxton or northern monk in the uk? I really dug both of those last time i was over that way. I could be into doing a trade for some of those for some of your sam adams light if you really want but again there are far better options if you're going to go to the trouble of shipping beer internationally.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

redeyeflight wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:14 pm Doc, you can do better man!! Sam Adams, while technically a "craft" beer, is pretty much looked at a lot like budwiser here in the usa. I can't imagine it'd taste much different than a clarsberg light or something similar that you can get over in the uk. Having said that id look for an bottleshop in the states that will ship internationally. Plan on it costing around $5 per bottle though it's not cheap. Have you checked out buxton or northern monk in the uk? I really dug both of those last time i was over that way. I could be into doing a trade for some of those for some of your sam adams light if you really want but again there are far better options if you're going to go to the trouble of shipping beer internationally.
What he said twice!

I wouldn’t go through the trouble of shipping SA to the UK when you have far better beers.
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
2guests

Post by 2guests »

:cheers: Talk about the idea of "the grass is greener on the other side"!
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

(While I agree with these guys about there being better beer in the UK, I also understand about wanting something particular.)

Apparently, this brewery are brewing Sam Adams Boston Lager in the UK. They're also, apparently, Sam Adam's UK importer:

https://www.shepherdneame.co.uk/beer/sa ... ston-lager

Perhaps you can either convince 'em to brew or import the Sam Light?
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Tbh I’m not a big drinker.
Ale and bitter just taste horrible to me lol
I’m not that guy who walks round the bar looking for the latest promotional ales or “bishops finger” .

Budweiser is my favourite beer haha
Second maybe a corona or sol.

San Miguel and Hoegaarden and the like are to heavy for me and Carlsberg , carling and fosters just taste like fizzy chemicals in a glass
:hihi:

Maybe the Sam Adams was more of a happy memory thing than a good tasting beverage ??
Is it similar in taste to Bud or do you mean it’s a common drink in the USA?
rootfifthoctave

Post by rootfifthoctave »

UK bud is brewed by guiness and tastes like the rest of the stuff at that price point.

We buy the brewdog 4 packs when you can get 2 for £9. Punk IPA is tasty and refreshing but elvis juice is even tastier.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Doc Holliday wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 pm Tbh I’m not a big drinker.
Ale and bitter just taste horrible to me lol
I’m not that guy who walks round the bar looking for the latest promotional ales or “bishops finger” .

Budweiser is my favourite beer haha
Second maybe a corona or sol.

San Miguel and Hoegaarden and the like are to heavy for me and Carlsberg , carling and fosters just taste like fizzy chemicals in a glass
:hihi:

Maybe the Sam Adams was more of a happy memory thing than a good tasting beverage ??
Is it similar in taste to Bud or do you mean it’s a common drink in the USA?
Maybe a nice Czech pils? Anyways if you can't source Sam Adams in the uk i just don't think it's worth it. Sam Adams is a common beer here, yes. Thier boston lager might be a step up in taste from Bud, but a very small one if so. Lol. I'm all for cheap beer, don't get me wrong. But what you're tasting in those types of lagers is mostly a corn and or rice malt bill. Many similar offerings in the UK will get u pretty close IMO.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")