Recommendations- Amsterdam-Hamburg-Berlin

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Lach

Recommendations- Amsterdam-Hamburg-Berlin

Post by Lach »

Hey all, I'm currently on holiday with my partner, the Greek Islands have been amazing! We're about to do a brief run through Amsterdam - Hamburg - Berlin before the long, long, long flight back to Oz... we have 2 or 3 days in each and I just wanted to reach out and ask for any recommendations around gear shops/venues/bars/breweries etc i could maybe hit from any of you locals or past visitors if you'd care to share?
Cheers!
underorbit

Re: Recommendations- Amsterdam-Hamburg-Berlin

Post by underorbit »

Burgermeister in Berlin if you eat hamburgers
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Do you like beer? Amsterdam: foeders, oedipus brewing, cafe gollem. Also make sure you get some Indonesian food and also the ubiquitous dutch bar food: bitterballen! The jordaan neighborhood is super fun...lots of cool spots there and if the weather is nice vondelpark is beautiful. I love just walking around Amersterdam and popping into random places. Die bierkonig is a great small beer shop as well.
Last edited by redeyeflight on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Hamburg is pretty fun too! Make sure you get some currywurst. I can't recommend the reeperbahn though. Its quite eurodouchey and the prostitutes are super agressive and scary. I walked down the wrong street at got screamed at in some eastern European language by a lady of the night there for not being a potential john...i was trying to find the famous bar the beatles played at.
Blockbrau is right on the water and a nice brewery with traditional styles and big pretzels. Ratsherrn is hamburg's best brewery. Get a kellerbier there!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Berlin is probably my moat favorite big city I've ever visited. I got to spend a cpl weeks there a while back. Do you know what neighborhood you'll be staying in there? It's a HUGE city! Kreutzberg and neukoln are the "cool" neighborhoods. The Topography of terror museum was amazing and wild: built on the former headquarters of the gestapo. Heiden Pieters is a fun little microbrewery in a little indoor market in Kreutzberg.
Hopfenreich is a cool craft beer bar. Also the memorial to the murdered jews of europe (sometimes called the haulocaust memorial) is intense and a really wild an powerful place. If you go to viktoriapark you can hike to the top its the higest point in berlin. Cool view up there!! Berlinerberg in neukolln is a great craft brewery, rollberg is also decent and in the neighborhood. Finally mauerpark up north has a really vibrant fleamarket every sunday and its really a fun time. Lots of great food karts, people rapping in german, magic acts, and people selling all kinds of goods. Ah...Berlin!! I need to go back!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Final post in this thread...if you have some greek island recommendations I'm all ears!! Hoping to get there next year. My buddy went to Santorini and had a great time but it sounded quite touristy which isn't really my thing.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lach

Post by Lach »

redeyeflight wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:23 am Do you like beer?
I sure do! Thanks so much for your time and the recommendations! Ratsherrn is awesome, will certainly try to make it there.
redeyeflight wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:41 am Berlin is probably my moat favorite big city I've ever visited. I got to spend a cpl weeks there a while back. Do you know what neighborhood you'll be staying in there? It's a HUGE city! Kreutzberg and neukoln are the "cool" neighborhoods. The Topography of terror museum was amazing and wild: built on the former headquarters of the gestapo. Heiden Pieters is a fun little microbrewery in a little indoor market in Kreutzberg.
Hopfenreich is a cool craft beer bar. Also the memorial to the murdered jews of europe (sometimes called the haulocaust memorial) is intense and a really wild an powerful place. If you go to viktoriapark you can hike to the top its the higest point in berlin. Cool view up there!! Berlinerberg in neukolln is a great craft brewery, rollberg is also decent and in the neighborhood. Finally mauerpark up north has a really vibrant fleamarket every sunday and its really a fun time. Lots of great food karts, people rapping in german, magic acts, and people selling all kinds of goods. Ah...Berlin!! I need to go back!!
Awesome! I'm so excited to visit Berlin! I think we actually have 4 days there, so I'll try to take in as much as I can. Our hotel is just north of Kreutzberg. I love a walk, will definitely look up Viktoriapark. Thanks man!
redeyeflight wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:45 am Final post in this thread...if you have some greek island recommendations I'm all ears!! Hoping to get there next year. My buddy went to Santorini and had a great time but it sounded quite touristy which isn't really my thing.
We have just arrived at Crete, the biggest Island, nice and laid back here. On the ferry here the entire boat emptied at Santorini and we were worried we were supposed to get off, I jumped up and asked a crew member who shook their head and rolled their eyes and just said "Santorini" haha. Touristy? Yes. I think the real gem was Naxos. We stayed in the Old Town which was incredible, the place we stayed in was over 400 years old and had parts closer to 4000 years old. Nice beaches, great to walk around, authentic old bakeries and so much good food.
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

You usually don't have to ask that question of an Australian, Dan. I'm probably the only one you'll ever meet who doesn't like beer. :badteeth: :cheers:
Lach

Post by Lach »

HorseyBoy wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 am
You usually don't have to ask that question of an Australian, Dan. I'm probably the only one you'll ever meet who doesn't like beer. :badteeth: :cheers:
Haha!
:cheers:
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

Lach wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:12 am
HorseyBoy wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 am
Haha!
:cheers:
And I’m an Australian man who doesn’t drink booze at all . More money for fuzz and guitars!