Help! I've lost the will to fuzz!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

burgersalad14

Re: Help! I've lost the will to fuzz!

Post by burgersalad14 »

https://www.blackstaramps.com/uk/ranges/studio-10

These are great! Three different EL34/6L6/KT-88 models. Priced well locally. The British Racing Green KT-88 would be my go to based on what you are saying!!!
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

sluttyindian wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:14 pm
burgersalad14 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 pm Sorry but this is wrong. Plenty of good sub $1k tube amps in OZ. Plenty. A 70’s silverface Twin is the last thing you want. To work with fuzz and buckers is exactly one of the things It can’t do well at low volumes. I have a ‘66 PR and the new PR reissues are pretty good. Even the new 4 watt Vox amps are worth looking at if you want to drive with fuzz and buckers. Good luck with your search!
Nothing is wrong dude , just an opinion . I stand by mine .
Sup Tim! :cheers: Might have to get my guitar to where I want it and go into the shop and try every fender offering they have... My mate just got a princeton reverb done by Achilles. He swears by it but Im not going to drop that amount of cash on one
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

burgersalad14 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:10 am https://www.blackstaramps.com/uk/ranges/studio-10

These are great! Three different EL34/6L6/KT-88 models. Priced well locally. The British Racing Green KT-88 would be my go to based on what you are saying!!!
Interesting thanks, ill see if I can go try one out :)

Ever tried a Valvetone? They seem like good value
"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

sluttyindian wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:15 pm Also not really keen on the whole Vox sound
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish
burgersalad14

Post by burgersalad14 »

Fuzzisthebest wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:26 am
sluttyindian wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:14 pm
burgersalad14 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 pm Sorry but this is wrong. Plenty of good sub $1k tube amps in OZ. Plenty. A 70’s silverface Twin is the last thing you want. To work with fuzz and buckers is exactly one of the things It can’t do well at low volumes. I have a ‘66 PR and the new PR reissues are pretty good. Even the new 4 watt Vox amps are worth looking at if you want to drive with fuzz and buckers. Good luck with your search!
Nothing is wrong dude , just an opinion . I stand by mine .
Sup Tim! :cheers: Might have to get my guitar to where I want it and go into the shop and try every fender offering they have... My mate just got a princeton reverb done by Achilles. He swears by it but Im not going to drop that amount of cash on one
Australia does do cheap amps like any other country. That’s fact.
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

sluttyindian wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:11 pm Id probs prefer to stay away from vintage gear as ive been stung with some duds recently... however ill keep my eyes open! Theres one nearish to me for $1900
Don't be put off if you see a good deal - you probably just need a good amp tech. If you're near Sydney, Earthling Designs (were on Oxford Street, now moved to Marrickville) is where it's at. Lachlan is a great guy and will get anything you can throw at him running as it should. With a little routine love and care, a good vintage amp should run pretty much forever.
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

HorseyBoy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:59 am
sluttyindian wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:11 pm Id probs prefer to stay away from vintage gear as ive been stung with some duds recently... however ill keep my eyes open! Theres one nearish to me for $1900
Don't be put off if you see a good deal - you probably just need a good amp tech. If you're near Sydney, Earthling Designs (were on Oxford Street, now moved to Marrickville) is where it's at. Lachlan is a great guy and will get anything you can throw at him running as it should. With a little routine love and care, a good vintage amp should run pretty much forever.
Thanks for the heads up! I live in marrickville so thats handy!

Ive gone to Dave Peach before and hes pretty wizard status
freddy_von

Post by freddy_von »

I’ve got a couple of little Ampeg gvt15 amps that are brilliant with fuzz...especially for the price. They don’t pop up too often, but when they do they’re usually $300-400aud.

Valvetone are great too, to answer your question. If you get down to Melbourne they have a bunch of them in swoppy to try.
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

+1 on the valvetone
Ulbrick Venue 30 is amazingly point to point handwired twin rectifier that can't be beaten imo.
If you can find a BAEZ, don't hesitate. Pay the price and sit back and enjoy. Genuine JMP KILLER