Reverse tremolo pedal?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Jim Goad

Reverse tremolo pedal?

Post by Jim Goad »

Does anyone make such a thing? I’m thinking a tremolo that instead of dipping your signal, it boosts it. I was playing guitar with volume on about 6 and riding the volume knob to get an overdriven tremolo as the note sustains. Would be nice to know if there’s a pedal that can do this.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
2guests

Re: Reverse tremolo pedal?

Post by 2guests »

Maybe a Zvex Seek Wah or Ooh Wah? There are volume knobs that you use to emphasize each peak and valley.
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

Would one with a volume knob above unity, set with a 50/50 wet/dry mix get you there?
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Just set your guitar to 10 and use a regular tremolo with the knob set so that it goes from a "6" level to "10" level
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:58 pm Just set your guitar to 10 and use a regular tremolo with the knob set so that it goes from a "6" level to "10" level
I’d still get a volume drop when the effect switches on. The idea is to start at unity and then swell up. The wet/dry idea sounds cool. Keep the original signal intact and then have an above unity trem layered over it. If I still had my old copicat I could’ve tried that cos I could boost multiple inputs: split the signal, have one dry at unity and one into a tremolo with copicat volume maxed.
Never tried the Zvex seek or ooh wah and didn’t know there was a vol control for each step.
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

pothole

Post by pothole »

Jim Goad wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:34 am Does anyone make such a thing? I’m thinking a tremolo that instead of dipping your signal, it boosts it. I was playing guitar with volume on about 6 and riding the volume knob to get an overdriven tremolo as the note sustains. Would be nice to know if there’s a pedal that can do this.
My Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper tremolo can do that.
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

pothole wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:43 pm
Jim Goad wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:34 am Does anyone make such a thing? I’m thinking a tremolo that instead of dipping your signal, it boosts it. I was playing guitar with volume on about 6 and riding the volume knob to get an overdriven tremolo as the note sustains. Would be nice to know if there’s a pedal that can do this.
My Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper tremolo can do that.
Cool! I’ll look it up.
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

The original Demeter trems also start with a volume boost, although I'm not exactly sure what you're after.
2guests

Post by 2guests »

Zvex has a Seek Trem...it's more like what you are asking about. The Seek Wah has a more pronounced wah tone to it.
This is more trem toned. See if there is an example in the vid like what you are looking for.

"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy