Envelope filters

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: Envelope filters

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I have been using a Mad Professor Snow White auto wah and have been very happy with it. You can find them on the cheap if you're patient.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

I can second the Mad Professor Snow White. Really nice range of sounds and relatively simple to set up and go. On the pricier (and way more complicated) end of the scale, the Glou Glou Rendezvous is an amazing envelope filter (matched with an amazing phaser).
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I’ve got a Mojo Hand 442. It’s a bit shit to be honest.
2guests

Post by 2guests »

Just saw this new Basic Audio Warp pedal. Combo filter and fuzz.

"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I had a Lovetone Meatball for awhile and that required about an hour for me fiddling with the knobs and reading the instructions to figure it out. When I finally was able to achieve the tones I was looking for it was nice.

I ended up selling after I tried the Snow White auto wah because it was so easy to use and had pretty much everything I needed.

I’ve tried few different auto wahs over the years when I was on a binge and I found there’s a lot of nice stuff on the market. As others mentioned, the mxr is nice, seamoon funk machine. I also like the EH Q Tron, Boss T- Wah, Fwonkbeta funk generator, DOD 440, Solid Gold Funkzilla, Pigtronix ( though it’s a bit overkill for someone just wanting a classic envelope filter)

Forgot to add, it’s not an envelope filter but Stu made me a custom MK I/ wah using one of his inductors and it is super nice. It’s called The Spiderbox and he has a picture of it on his website. Depending on where you’re playing on the register you can adjust the frequency to get some really nice sounding effects on single note runs.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

On recommendation of a member here I kept an eye out for a deal on a Big Jam Spit Wah. I think that's my favorite.
The Meatball is really good and lIke 1bottlerocket said is kind of a pain to dial in which you have to do again for each instrument or signal chain.
I never played a Mutron III but the RG Keen Neutron I built is killer!
I have an Electro Harmonix Dr. Q that sounded horrible new but a twist of the trim pot inside and I really like it, that's the one I bring to the scummy practice spaces.
I don't really use any of them for wacka wacka wah sounds, more to add some movement to the attack, like you are sliding into each note or are kind of disoriented.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

For the ultimate tweeker: lovetone meatball
For the classic sound: Mutron III
For something different and awesome: moogerfooger lowpass filter
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")