Tremolo pedal that nails Pink Floyd's "Money"

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

fernieite

Re: Tremolo pedal that nails Pink Floyd's "Money"

Post by fernieite »

Thanks, I'll look into that one as well.
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
Enjoyer

Post by Enjoyer »

Perhaps check out the Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird. Does a mean and controllable square wave and more. The other VOX repeat percussion like pedal that I have is the Acid Fuzz Repeater. Either one can get the Money Trem.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I just checked the prices on those older Goatkeeper trems I have and I cannot believe what they're asking for those things. Crazy. I think I paid 200 or so when I originally bought it.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Enjoyer wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:26 pm Perhaps check out the Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird. Does a mean and controllable square wave and more. The other VOX repeat percussion like pedal that I have is the Acid Fuzz Repeater. Either one can get the Money Trem.
I looked at the Earthquaker and Acid Fuzz videos on their websites. Very cool! I think I liked the Acid Fuzz repeater the best. Thanks for the heads up. The builder is a member here too. I just emailed him.
Last edited by fernieite on Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:42 pm I just checked the prices on those older Goatkeeper trems I have and I cannot believe what they're asking for those things. Crazy. I think I paid 200 or so when I originally bought it.
Yeah, I know! That's why I was looking at the Maleko version. Its smaller too.
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Well, I just bought an Acid Fuzz Repeater. It's sounds close enough for my liking. Here's what Jon had to say regarding his pedal and that tremolo sound on Money:

"The Repeater will get you close, but I don't think it will give you the exact same wave form. The Repeater can get just as choppy, or even more so. The Repeater wave form is a reverse sawtooth. I think the tremolo on Money may be a square wave."

Regardless, I really liked the demo sounds on the Acid Fuzz webpage, and I think it's cool that this strong choppy psychedelic trem effect is a tweaked vintage analog circuit. (Vox Repeat Percussion)

https://www.acidfuzz.com/products/repeater

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!