Shipping from eu to the states

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Spook

Shipping from eu to the states

Post by Spook »

Hey
Does anybody know what the dollar amount limit is for receiving a gift in the us ?
I'm sending a pedal and don't know what value to put, so the receiver doesnt have to pay custpms.
:pazuzu:
innerflight

Re: Shipping from eu to the states

Post by innerflight »

I always just mark it down to £50 and put 'guitar parts' on the forms, never had an issue

You should also check if they are allowing in parcels from your country at the moment, i've had a pedal sit in a facility in Chicago for about 4 weeks now
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Spook

Post by Spook »

ok, will do thanks :) thanks !
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

If it's any help, you could send it to me in Canada first, and then I can forward it to the States.... :badteeth:
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

innerflight wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:21 pm I always just mark it down to £50 and put 'guitar parts' on the forms, never had an issue

You should also check if they are allowing in parcels from your country at the moment, i've had a pedal sit in a facility in Chicago for about 4 weeks now
yeah that chicago customs facility moves slow! all usps stuff is moving very slow lately. I've had a few packages get sent to random, out of the way, locations before being delivered.
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

jreeves47 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:38 pm
innerflight wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:21 pm I always just mark it down to £50 and put 'guitar parts' on the forms, never had an issue

yeah that chicago customs facility moves slow! all usps stuff is moving very slow lately. I've had a few packages get sent to random, out of the way, locations before being delivered.
Me too. USPS is very slow and all over the place these days. It should be called drunken snail mail now! :smashed:
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
sledz

Post by sledz »

I always declare a full real value (up to 600 eur so far) and probably none of my customers ever had to pay customs with either standard airmail and UPS express. Of course YMMV ;)
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

The threshold is pretty high. I seem to remember it being int he 500-1k range but you can look it up to find out for sure.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Spook

Post by Spook »

I found different info, some say 100 dollars other up to 1800.
I went with 100 to keep it safe...
I seem to remember someone in the states telling me to keep the value low in another transaktion