WTF is w/ Diaz Pedals. The new Klon?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

MEH!

WTF is w/ Diaz Pedals. The new Klon?

Post by MEH! »

Maybe it's me but I just dont get it.
I assume it is just a Fuzz Face Clone.
I don't know, but either way I still don't get it.
Diaz Texas Square Face Fuzz Effect Pedal 1996 signed by Cesar Diaz Blue https://reverb.com/item/34901402-diaz-t ... t=34901402

Even Diaz Branded Tubes? Was Caesar some sort of God?

Diaz 6L6 vintage brown https://reverb.com/item/34855890-diaz-6 ... t=34855890
Spook

Re: WTF is w/ Diaz Pedals. The new Klon?

Post by Spook »

Yes, it is the new klon, you need one to get that texas twang.
:pazuzu:
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

Someone is just fishing for a sucker. The pedal is a fuzz face clone that’s sounds OK. Those pedals went up a little in value after mr. Diaz died but not 10x.
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

They've gone way up in value within the last year. I assume some semi-famous guitar player started using them so everybody started wanting one making the prices skyrocket. I use to collect them years ago as I thought they were very good sounding FF pedals. They used to go for $400-$500 while the newer Peter McMahon builds would be around $200. Now that Pedal Pawn dude is making clones as well as a few others. I just sold one on Reverb last week for $850 actually.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Do you think pedal pawn are buying them all up. Driving the price of their copies up.
An amp company in Brisbane did the same. They bought every VASE amp available then no one could get one. They went from 150 bucks to 12-1500 bucks in 2 years
mythoughtcrime

Post by mythoughtcrime »

I know a used instrument dealer that does this. If he recognizes a particular model to be a good deal, scarce in number but obtainable, he'll buy up every example he can find for sale. Then he sits on them, and when the prices go up because he's made them rare finds, he puts them back on the market one at a time, real slowly.
This is unfortunately a long standing business practice amongst dealers selling collectables.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

mythoughtcrime wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:47 pm I know a used instrument dealer that does this. If he recognizes a particular model to be a good deal, scarce in number but obtainable, he'll buy up every example he can find for sale. Then he sits on them, and when the prices go up because he's made them rare finds, he puts them back on the market one at a time, real slowly.
This is unfortunately a long standing business practice amongst dealers selling collectables.
That's exactly how corporate stock buybacks work too. That's what all the big companies do with their bailouts ... buy up their own stock to artificially push the price up. It's free money for them. Fuckers.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

MEH! wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:14 pm Do you think pedal pawn are buying them all up. Driving the price of their copies up.
An amp company in Brisbane did the same. They bought every VASE amp available then no one could get one. They went from 150 bucks to 12-1500 bucks in 2 years
I can't say for sure that they are, none of the ones I've sold in the past were to them as far as I know. I think they are just trying to capitalize on the sudden popularity, plus its just simple FF circuit for the most part so its relatively easy to do.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Zacharia Matilda

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

I used to have one of those tremodillo pedals. It sucked.
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

superslidetail wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:21 pm
MEH! wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:14 pm Do you think pedal pawn are buying them all up. Driving the price of their copies up.
I can't say for sure that they are, none of the ones I've sold in the past were to them as far as I know. I think they are just trying to capitalize on the sudden popularity, plus its just simple FF circuit for the most part so its relatively easy to do.
Its not hard to have 30 odd accounts on Reverb. They aren't ip tracked