UPDATE: Bearfoot Fx vs BJFE

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

superslidetail

Re: Bearfoot Fx vs BJFE

Post by superslidetail »

Is he on Instagram or Twitter at all?
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

http://bjornjuhl.com/

Click on the bottom right of the webpage it bring up his email
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

TeleSoul wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:06 pm How do you contact Bjorn directly? I’ve always wanted a Pale Green Compressor and have never found one for sale.
bjfelectronics@mac.com
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

TeleSoul wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:06 pm How do you contact Bjorn directly? I’ve always wanted a Pale Green Compressor and have never found one for sale.
Do you mean a Pine Green Compressor?
I can help you out with a 4 knob one
TeleSoul

Post by TeleSoul »

Thanks for the help!
TeleSoul

Post by TeleSoul »

MEH! wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:15 pm
Do you mean a Pine Green Compressor?
I can help you out with a 4 knob one
From what I’ve found, Bjorn made the Pale Green as a less squashed compressor against the Pine Green. I have an old Dyna Comp which already squeezes my 12 string immensely and just want something less harsh.
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

Bjorn first made the Pale Green compressor when he was in a Beatles cover band . He needed the compressed sounds for George . I have one of the first he made , it’s incredible. I highly recommend one
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I have never played a BJFE pedal. But...I did try out a bearfoot fx tourbox many years ago and didn’t find the pedals to be all that amazing. The build quality in some of them was actually pretty horrid. Boards not mounted to anything other that the haphazard wiring. LEDs that didnt work, etc. I would only assume and hope the BJFE stuff is built better. Underwhelming was my main thought on trying them all out for about a week. Just my two cents. Would still love to give an actual bjfe pedal or two a whirl but the price has always kept me from actually doing it
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Oh ok. Not much love. Its on its way and it was on sale (probably explains a bit) but now I'm keen to beak it open and check the construction quality. I'll post pics in a few days.
I probably should have asked before buying it but we'll see if it has the goods!
pothole

Post by pothole »

redeyeflight wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:49 am I have never played a BJFE pedal. But...I did try out a bearfoot fx tourbox many years ago and didn’t find the pedals to be all that amazing. The build quality in some of them was actually pretty horrid. Boards not mounted to anything other that the haphazard wiring. LEDs that didnt work, etc. I would only assume and hope the BJFE stuff is built better. Underwhelming was my main thought on trying them all out for about a week. Just my two cents. Would still love to give an actual bjfe pedal or two a whirl but the price has always kept me from actually doing it
Maybe the reason for the falling out? I've had a bunch of BJFE pedals and they all were solid and sounded pretty damn good. The Honey Bee, Dyna Red, and Pink Purple Fuzz being the best ones I had. I'd actually like to have all three of those back to be honest.