UPDATE: Bearfoot Fx vs BJFE

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

TeleSoul

Re: Bearfoot Fx vs BJFE

Post by TeleSoul »

Fuzzisthebest wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:34 am Bjorn first made the Pale Green compressor when he was in a Beatles cover band . He needed the compressed sounds for George . I have one of the first he made , it’s incredible. I highly recommend one
Wanna trade some money for it haha?
stella_blues

Re: Bearfoot Fx vs BJFE

Post by stella_blues »

I’ve got 3 Bearfoot dirt boxes and a couple of BJFE....the Bearfoot drives are great into clean amps, the Model G in particular is awesome and no build issues at all. The ones I have were from before the falling out with Bjorn and Donner so cant comment on later builds.

BJFE Cliffhanger is a superb high gain pedal, like a heavier version of the Dyna Red.
One important point with Bjorns builds is also how quiet they are, no hiss even with the gain maxed.
MEH!

Re: UPDATE: Bearfoot Fx vs BJFE

Post by MEH! »

so I received the Bearfoot FX pinky purple fuzz or whatever it was called. Unboxing there is nothin in there bar the pedal and some leopard print black and white paper. No candy. I looked at it and there were several paint chips present along with an ill fitting baseplate. Opened it up and no battery. Wiring was spaghetti and board was floating with leopard print foam partially wrapping it. Put it back together and then looked at it. I swear I reckon if I had have looked to long more paint would have fallen off. Didn't even play it for fear of damaging it further. Reboxed and returned to sender. He said they wouldn't be touching Bearfoot FX again. Swapped for a fifth and last Anniversary one-off black Spaceman sky-rocket.
Won't make that mistake again.
jerms

Post by jerms »

MEH! wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:16 am so I received the Bearfoot FX pinky purple fuzz or whatever it was called. Unboxing there is nothin in there bar the pedal and some leopard print black and white paper. No candy. I looked at it and there were several paint chips present along with an ill fitting baseplate. Opened it up and no battery. Wiring was spaghetti and board was floating with leopard print foam partially wrapping it. Put it back together and then looked at it. I swear I reckon if I had have looked to long more paint would have fallen off. Didn't even play it for fear of damaging it further. Reboxed and returned to sender. He said they wouldn't be touching Bearfoot FX again. Swapped for a fifth and last Anniversary one-off black Spaceman sky-rocket.
you snap any pix?
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

jerms wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:36 am
MEH! wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:16 am so I received the Bearfoot FX pinky purple fuzz or whatever it was called. Unboxing there is nothin in there bar the pedal and some leopard print black and white paper. No candy. I looked at it and there were several paint chips present along with an ill fitting baseplate. Opened it up and no battery. Wiring was spaghetti and board was floating with leopard print foam partially wrapping it. Put it back together and then looked at it. I swear I reckon if I had have looked to long more paint would have fallen off. Didn't even play it for fear of damaging it further. Reboxed and returned to sender. He said they wouldn't be touching Bearfoot FX again. Swapped for a fifth and last Anniversary one-off black Spaceman sky-rocket.
you snap any pix?
Ah damn. I should have. TBH I was just a bit talented back from the start. Paint falling off and whatnot and then the guts I was just like huh?
The spaghetti was all red wires too so not sure even what was going on there. Transistors were unmarked plastic D Transistors and a tin can with 209 on top so I have no idea what was what. The board was the size of 1.5 postage stamps and micro shit every where.
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Bearfoot vs BJFE innards.....
03F4DDCA-41F0-4E36-9F5F-D12AA7BB7411.jpeg
03F4DDCA-41F0-4E36-9F5F-D12AA7BB7411.jpeg (826.79 KiB) Viewed 1787 times
68FF7D3C-8F59-4D04-B19C-BDB07A8C6FE0.jpeg
68FF7D3C-8F59-4D04-B19C-BDB07A8C6FE0.jpeg (868.76 KiB) Viewed 1787 times
Francus1971

Post by Francus1971 »

Really love bjfe creations, i think Bjorn is a real genius
Had some dyna red, emerald, model h , HBdlx, poppa red .. all great pedals . Directly compared the honey bjfe with the bearf and imho the bjfe Sounded better, quiter and warmer
Really Miss the honey , perfect combo with Tweeds
I’d love a model d and a la distortion
pothole

Post by pothole »

The Pink Purple fuzz is a great sounding box. And the Dyna Red is awesome as well. Good stuff from Bjorn. Never had a Bearfoot anything though, and never will.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I just got a one control Honey bee.
Haven’t opened it up but I paid £90 used boxed and it sounds great
Attachments
1A67DC4C-4B5D-45CC-9E7A-2F5F05229905.jpeg
1A67DC4C-4B5D-45CC-9E7A-2F5F05229905.jpeg (160.04 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
freddy_von

Post by freddy_von »

Doc, have you had a Honey Bee before that you could compare it to?
Always been keen to try a Honey Bee and only recently discovered that the One Control version was connected with Bjorn, so I've been considering it as an option.