Favorite Vibe pedals

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Space_Case

Re: Favorite Vibe pedals

Post by Space_Case »

stella_blues wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:31 am ^The cancel feature on Stu’s vibe is basically what your getting when you turn the controls down on the Ultra Vibe...your signal is still going through the circuit but the cancel switch turns off the swirly bits :badteeth:

Def makes a difference to the sound compared with the true bypass option.
Totally makes sense that Stu would've come up with a logical and easy to use way to incorporate that into the pedal. Looks like I completely missed that ability when stumbling around aimlessly in my quest for a great vibe :doh:

Really love the idea of having both options and may be quietly looking at ways to put aside some money because the GAS lightbulb may has just been flicked :badlove:
"'Information. What's wrong with dope and women? Is it any wonder the world's gone insane, with information come to be the only real medium of exchange?' 'I thought it was cigarettes.'"
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

If anyone is after a Magnatone style vibrato pedal, you cannot go past the Crazy Tube Circuits “Killer V”

Not only is it a Magnatone style preamp (which contributes a lot to the vibrato sound), you also get a switch for 100% wet effect (as per the mono Magnatone amps) or a wet/dry mix which simulates the sound of the stereo Magnatones.
Ben
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Laservampire wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 pm If anyone is after a Magnatone style vibrato pedal, you cannot go past the Crazy Tube Circuits “Killer V”

Not only is it a Magnatone style preamp (which contributes a lot to the vibrato sound), you also get a switch for 100% wet effect (as per the mono Magnatone amps) or a wet/dry mix which simulates the sound of the stereo Magnatones.
Not sure this thread is about Vibrato but while we’re on the subject I recently bought a Surfy Vibe which is great, it was a toss up between the Surfy, Magnavibe and Killer V. I’d love to try the others some day!
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

Bigfoot2000 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 pmNot sure this thread is about Vibrato but while we’re on the subject I recently bought a Surfy Vibe which is great, it was a toss up between the Surfy, Magnavibe and Killer V. I’d love to try the others some day!
I’ve compared all three, the Surfy Vibe essentially sounds the same as the Killer V, just without the preamp part.

The Magnavibe was great for years but the newer two are on a different level. It was very hard to do subtle sounds with the Magnavibe.
Ben
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Laservampire wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:43 pm
Bigfoot2000 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 pmNot sure this thread is about Vibrato but while we’re on the subject I recently bought a Surfy Vibe which is great, it was a toss up between the Surfy, Magnavibe and Killer V. I’d love to try the others some day!
I’ve compared all three, the Surfy Vibe essentially sounds the same as the Killer V, just without the preamp part.

The Magnavibe was great for years but the newer two are on a different level. It was very hard to do subtle sounds with the Magnavibe.
I will check the Killer V one day. Love the Surfy. Have you tried the Surfy Trem? The harmonic “Fender Brownface” mode is so good
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

Out of the vibes i have had. First one was a voodoo labs microvibe, pretty bland to me. Second was a mojovibe, much better for sure, third vibe i tried was a KR Meagavibe, Warmer than the Mojo and too be honest i haven't look at another vibe since, and bought a 2nd as backup.
TonnyHarrison

Post by TonnyHarrison »

Well I managed to get one of Stu's black Supra Vibes and it is indeed fantastic.....definitely is more "vintage" sounding....hard to describe exactly....and has that cool doubling like effect at high intensity settings....the Cancel feature is also a great idea. The OxVibe is still really great too but is slightly more Phaser like and more intense sounding in its swell, the OXVIBE says in it that it is designed to go after Fuzz pedals but definitely prefer both of these before fuzz pedals, they sound much better that way to me for some reason.