Meathead one knob vs particle series

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

1976@metal

Meathead one knob vs particle series

Post by 1976@metal »

Hi all......I had a nice lille collection of D*A*M pedals that I regretfully had to let go to cover a mortgage payment ( although I already regret not selling something else ! ) but I managed to keep hold off my meathead deluxe particle series. If anyone has used or has both could you maybe let me know what settings on the 3 knob version come closest to the sound of the 1 knob version ? I'm guessing volume to taste and fuzz on full , but what about the tone knob ? I loved the sound of my one knob meathead but my memory is getting hazy and I'm having a hard time setting the tone control from memory to try and recapture the sound of my original. Any help/opinion is appreciated guys
skelt101

Re: Meathead one knob vs particle series

Post by skelt101 »

I believe the answers you seek can be found here:
https://stompboxes.co.uk/M-27.html
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

Thanks mate that's really helpful. I presume the EFE particle series version is very similar to the M-27 in terms of design and use ?
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

Judging from Dave’s description of the M-27X (and thus the Particle version), they are essentially the same pedal, with the difference being the construction method (i.e. PCB vs veroboard):
“In essence the EFE M-27X is a D*A*M M-27 (AKA - Meathead DLX) presented in a over blown 1970's format assembled with vintage style construction techniques. Capable of covering the sonic territory of all pre-existing Meathead types from the intense low frequency sludge laden to the aggressive mid-range boosted proto-metal snarl.”
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

skelt101 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:28 pm Judging from Dave’s description of the M-27X (and thus the Particle version), they are essentially the same pedal, with the difference being the construction method (i.e. PCB vs veroboard):
“In essence the EFE M-27X is a D*A*M M-27 (AKA - Meathead DLX) presented in a over blown 1970's format assembled with vintage style construction techniques. Capable of covering the sonic territory of all pre-existing Meathead types from the intense low frequency sludge laden to the aggressive mid-range boosted proto-metal snarl.”
That's good enough for me then :freakout:
Cheers guys !