Good luck ‘merica

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

innerflight

Good luck ‘merica

Post by innerflight »

Whatever your beliefs or whoever you vote good luck :tu:

As an outsider looking in I’m not sure what’s best, everyone thinks Trump is terrible and I get that but wtf is Biden all about? I’m shocked that that seems to be your only choices :shocked:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Dullboy

Re: Good luck ‘merica

Post by Dullboy »

I hope to be wrong, but I see Trump as the new president.
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

innerflight wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:22 pm wtf is Biden all about? I’m shocked that that seems to be your only choices :shocked:
Am not American, so from this side of the pond, Biden looks just to be what the Democrats feel is a 'safe' choice. Apparently anything fractionally left of centre is seen as horrific by a majority of the electorate that is still brainwashed by the red scare. Hopefully his defeat tonight will set the party on a path that inspires more confidence in younger voters?

Daily reminder also to boycott Gagan and his awful-looking wah pedals - the guy boasts publicly about verbally abusing frontline retail workers after they ask him to wear a mask inside the stores at which they work. Fuck that shit.
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

I hope the least worst option wins (Biden)
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
vanguard

Post by vanguard »

I'm shaking in my boots.

My family is in the process of obtaining dual citizenship, and it's going well (thanks for being Austrian, Gramps!). If Trump wins I'm considering the EU.

On a side note, without knowing anything about it, I stumbled upon an old BBC docudrama called Threads last night--the eve of the election. After losing my shit in horror for two hours, I read about the film, and how it traumatized millions amid Cold War paranoia. Living in America in 2020, with a fascistic sadist who seems bent on ushering in the apocalypse, this "imagine if" portrayal of nuclear fallout felt less thought experiment and more possible scenario.

Anyway, I wish all reading the best as this decision materializes, we're gonna need it!
Last edited by vanguard on Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?
daCod

Post by daCod »

if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Spook

Post by Spook »

Nick wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:31 pm
innerflight wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:22 pm wtf is Biden all about? I’m shocked that that seems to be your only choices :shocked:
Am not American, so from this side of the pond, Biden looks just to be what the Democrats feel is a 'safe' choice. Apparently anything fractionally left of centre is seen as horrific by a majority of the electorate that is still brainwashed by the red scare. Hopefully his defeat tonight will set the party on a path that inspires more confidence in younger voters?

Daily reminder also to boycott Gagan and his awful-looking wah pedals - the guy boasts publicly about verbally abusing frontline retail workers after they ask him to wear a mask inside the stores at which they work. Fuck that shit.
I stopped giving a chitt about him after he riddiculed Greta T on instagram, a douche in the highest order
:pazuzu:
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

innerflight wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:22 pm but wtf is Biden all about? I’m shocked that that seems to be your only choices :shocked:
He's basically about not being Trump. There are plenty of people that want a different candidate than Biden for a variety of reasons (more liberal, less old, white, and male, etc.) but at the end of the day Biden got the nomination because he has the best chances of getting centrists that are on the fence. The whole thing this time around is a referendum on Trump.

As to luck....we needed a lot of it a long time ago. The flood gates have been opened and the nation is more divided than about ever and I dont see it settling down anytime soon. For fuck's sake they're boarding up shops in Manhattan in anticipation of civil unrest following this election. IN MANHATTAN.

mopfloyd

Post by mopfloyd »

I voted early but am I glad I moved to the home of fuzz !
South Yorkshire U.K. all the way !
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

You might not be American but I can tell you right now that you perfectly stated what THIS American feels. I didn’t vote for Biden...I voted for the people he’s going to put in charge of the country if he is elected: as in reasonable, well intentioned public servants that believe in science and care about the environment. Trump has put his horde of criminal ceo cronies in charge of shit they have no intention of running well or even pretending to. Even our postal service has been affected by this maniac. Also, yes, Joe Gagan is an absolute fucking fool and his ethos has been emboldened by Trump’s dogma. There is a direct correlation there: anti science selfishness. The worst aspects of the “me first” attitude which is all too prevalent in this country. Make no mistake, even if Biden wins, there’s a long road ahead of us in terms of battling climate change, police reform, immigration reform, and health care reform. Us Americans have our work cut out for us.
Nick wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:31 pm

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")