Captain in Guitarist mag

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

jerms

Re: Captain in Guitarist mag

Post by jerms »

Nick wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:16 pm
stella_blues wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:54 pm Yes I was thinking the transistor set up for the MKI :hihi: :tu:
But the MKI was built with that selection of transistors for a while... :whistle:

It's a good write-up! Leagues ahead of the garbage that appears in 'books' etc nowadays. Really have to nit-pick closely for mistakes this time. From what we know so far, it actually appears that some of the earliest 'large board'
MKII's predate the known surviving MK1.5-conversions (aka 'small boards').
yeah my Vintage and Rarities interview was butchered.... unfortunately the interviewer didn’t really understand what i was talking about... so bummed!!😕
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

jerms wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:14 pm
stella_blues wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:54 pm Yes I was thinking the transistor set up for the MKI :hihi: :tu:
But the MKI was built with that selection of transistors for a while... :whistle:

It's a good write-up! Leagues ahead of the garbage that appears in 'books' etc nowadays. Really have to nit-pick closely for mistakes this time. From what we know so far, it actually appears that some of the earliest 'large board'
yeah my Vintage and Rarities interview was butchered.... unfortunately the interviewer didn’t really understand what i was talking about... so bummed!!😕
Yup. Same with my Vintage and Rarities interview. They weren't so interested in telling the story accurately as getting pics of pretty pedals. Also, there are pics of a fake MG Zonk Machine that made it in there :hmm:
jerms

Post by jerms »

theemadcap1 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 pm
jerms wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Yup. Same with my Vintage and Rarities interview. They weren't so interested in telling the story accurately as getting pics of pretty pedals. Also, there are pics of a fake MG Zonk Machine that made it in there :hmm:
i really want to send an ammended text if they ever reprint!!!
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

I was toying with the idea of buying that book, not sure I want to now 🤔 is it worth the big bucks they are asking?
’brutish in character but not thug like’
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

yeah I'd heard this kinda thing too, made me hold off from buying those books.

the article is great though - actually seems to be pretty accurate!
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Cool. I’ve got the mag but haven’t got to Dave’s bit yet.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
Lach

Post by Lach »

innerflight wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:27 am I was toying with the idea of buying that book, not sure I want to now 🤔 is it worth the big bucks they are asking?
Yep, me too... I was a bit sceptical, now more so
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

I read the article in the supermarket. Bollocks to paying £6.50 for Guitarist. :hihi: Looked a good issue though with the Bluesbreakers Les Paul in. :freakout:
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

windjamma wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:56 pm I read the article in the supermarket. Bollocks to paying £6.50 for Guitarist. :hihi: Looked a good issue though with the Bluesbreakers Les Paul in. :freakout:
Investigate what your local public library service offers. The vast majority are subscribed to some sort of e-magazine provider, and it's all free of charge :tu:

ufoclub

Post by ufoclub »

stella_blues wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:58 pm El Cap makes a cameo appearance in this months Guitarist magazine explaining the differences between different tonebenders.

Spot the typo....

D1819D77-3EFA-4001-A358-A208D7E61F06.jpeg

C3141EF7-AB2C-46B0-87F3-FE719D2D5D25.jpeg
in which issue is? why on January # 467 there is no (there is an interview with ZVEX)