Love of fuzz vs Money

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Spook

Love of fuzz vs Money

Post by Spook »

Lately prices on quality fuzz has gone insane... So much so i'm concidering selling stuff i never thought i would, my pigdogs etc.
On one hand i love 'em dearly, but i'm just a poor broke ass doom-rocker.

Where do you draw the line?
:pazuzu:
jreeves47

Re: Love of fuzz vs Money

Post by jreeves47 »

when that gas hits you start looking around at things to sell
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

jreeves47 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:35 pm when that gas hits you start looking around at things to sell
This -

Something will hit you - it always does!

This way you still have more options: to sell or to trade...

Thinking about this very thing with my Sola MK2
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

I drew the line long ago, not chasing fuzz anymore, settled on a couple of quality pedals and that’s all I need
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

There are still plenty of reasonably priced options if you can't stretch the budget to meet the flashy pedals circulating Instagram. Castledine, Thunderbird and Emanating Fists have always been top shelf at a very fair price. Hell, I just looked, and you can get a Ghost Pep for £120 on his website! What's even better is that you don't need to clench your teeth every time you plug one of those pedals in, because there's no risk of a 'radio parts job lot' selection of "NOS" electrolytic capacitors failing 2 weeks in :party:
Spook

Post by Spook »

innerflight wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:27 pm I drew the line long ago, not chasing fuzz anymore, settled on a couple of quality pedals and that’s all I need
I think this is where i'm heading, i love having lots of options and have boxes of fuzz everywhere...but, some of the things are
fetching silly money now, i used to try to break even when i sold, now its almost double the money.
...though it sucks to have to deal with all the crazies if/when selling :smashed:
Spook

Post by Spook »

spofftastic wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:18 pm
jreeves47 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:35 pm when that gas hits you start looking around at things to sell
This -

Something will hit you - it always does!

This way you still have more options: to sell or to trade...

Thinking about this very thing with my Sola MK2
This is a good point !:)
If i started purging i'm pretty sure the money would fly out the door pretty fast on something
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

Spook wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:17 pm Lately prices on quality fuzz has gone insane... So much so i'm concidering selling stuff i never thought i would, my pigdogs etc.

What about the "moral" issue about selling them for what you paid or for what they are worth now?
I'm very much surprised about some crazy pricing on Reverb...that's assuming they can sell them with those prices.

I0m noticing that it's some time that it's begininng a trend of collectability for some, but which really?
For me maybe just DAM and Pigdog really, and Sola Sound Tone Benders reissue made by Dam and those Sola Sound MK1.
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Spook

Post by Spook »

Dullboy wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:14 pm
Spook wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:17 pm Lately prices on quality fuzz has gone insane... So much so i'm concidering selling stuff i never thought i would, my pigdogs etc.

What about the "moral" issue about selling them for what you paid or for what they are worth now?
I'm very much surprised about some crazy pricing on Reverb...that's assuming they can sell them with those prices.

I0m noticing that it's some time that it's begininng a trend of collectability for some, but which really?
For me maybe just DAM and Pigdog really, and Sola Sound Tone Benders reissue made by Dam and those Sola Sound MK1.
I don't have any moral issues selling for more than i payed, not trying to get crazy...but the thought crossed my mind
when i saw this :
https://reverb.com/item/39542171-pigdog ... _sold=true
Insane
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Fuck So-Cal Amplification :fu:

They buy shit just to double the price instantly
’brutish in character but not thug like’