Love of fuzz vs Money

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Laundromat

Re: Love of fuzz vs Money

Post by Laundromat »

innerflight wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:23 pmThe original price is fucking crackpipe too :bong2:
It obviously can't be cheap running an operation like that. You have an owner who will dream up a pedal that he can't build (a Fuzz Face in this case), then an electrical mastermind that can solder, a doctor to provide the rare transistors, graphic design geniuses by the grace of god, etc.

Spook wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:37 amBut...but...they're matched by ear.
what does that mean? no measurements taken.. ?
What builder doesn't match using their ears ??ffs
That would make sense why they find their building process so tedious.
Condolences, the bums lost!
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Aah right, so you’re paying for overheads not because they’re just really good? :badteeth: :doh:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

I really don't know what people are paying for with them. But it seems like a lot of fuss around making another Fuzz Face. All of the superlatives can be found here.
Condolences, the bums lost!
Big Monk

Post by Big Monk »

Laundromat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:35 am I really don't know what people are paying for with them. But it seems like a lot of fuss around making another Fuzz Face. All of the superlatives can be found here.
I’m opposed, right down to my core, to Isle of Tone.

That’s some straight sucka shit right there. I hope that price tag comes with a bitch slap because if you buy a bog standard Fuzz Face for that price you deserve it.
"Beneath the bebop moon, I'm howling like a loon…”
MarVit78

Post by MarVit78 »

Big Monk wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:43 am
Laundromat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:35 am I really don't know what people are paying for with them. But it seems like a lot of fuss around making another Fuzz Face. All of the superlatives can be found here.
I’m opposed, right down to my core, to Isle of Tone.

That’s some straight sucka shit right there. I hope that price tag comes with a bitch slap because if you buy a bog standard Fuzz Face for that price you deserve it.
:tu:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Chill. It's just pedals, min. :hihi:
Spook

Post by Spook »

Welcome to the Isle of tone family, Bro ! :suicide:
:pazuzu:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I've been following the pricing of pedals and it is surprising to see what people are hoisting the prices of some of the more rare pedals. In my mind, this is all being driven by the Klon phenomenon. I bought a Klon back when I lived in Japan for 700 USD, which I thought was a stretch at the time. Now I see people asking upwards of 7-10k for a Klon. Can you believe that? There is a guy on Reverb asking over 21k for a set of three Klon builds.

Pricing like this makes 1k for a fuzz pedal look like chump change.

https://reverb.com/item/38669048-klon-b ... ect-em-all

https://reverb.com/item/37915698-klon-c ... drive-gold
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

I saw a huge price jump for these fuzzers start of pandemic - starting with slow down after holiday 2019 - leads to SBA/PPP loan/stimulus being given out and buying from us U.S.A. bastards - then the prices have not reduced at all. I'd expect a lower price would not be until after holiday 2021 - if at all.
pothole

Post by pothole »

What people are asking for stuff and what people are paying is ridiculous. Where are people getting the money to pay these prices? My experience has been guitar players typically aren't that flush with cash, so how did they all of the sudden be able to pay double or triple the normal price? So weird. And it's not just guitar pedals...it's houses, cars, vacation houses, etc. So weird where all this extra money came from.