Affordable Fuzz

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

hamoftruth

Re: Affordable Fuzz

Post by hamoftruth »

Matt at Blackstrap has had his hands on several vintage Zonk Machines too if that's your bag. He made me a copy of one that's super bloomy and warm. Seems they varied about as much from each other as MK1s did. All that to say it's wonderful and Matt makes a great fuzz :chillin:
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
thinlazy

Post by thinlazy »

Blackstrap Electrik is a favorite of mine too, I own a couple at this point. I wouldnt call them affordable, maybe mid-priced, but I find Matt's approach really resonates with what Im looking for in fuzz pedals, namely pedals with artifacts, presence, aggressiveness, not smooth, and generally have personality. Also, they are available if you want to order one directly with reasonable lead times (around a month), and Matt is super nice about chatting with you about what youre looking for.

On the affordable side, I recently got a Fairfield Circuits ~900 and its pretty good if you jack up the bias

Also I have a Circle Electric Schaller fuzz I recently got from PVHerrera that is interesting sounding
Last edited by thinlazy on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Anyone know anything about Del Rey Custom?
Enclosures look nice, decent prices, but no gutshots.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
Dopetone

Post by Dopetone »

Don’t know Del Ray sorry, but also offering props to Blackstrap and Seeker...have scored one of each recently and can report good things for those who dig those additive elements of fuzz (crackle, crumble et al). Top shelf shit. Also gotta was put Faceless in the gang, Tim makes a helluva fuzz for the price and is a top bloke.
Spook

Post by Spook »

Add Dagpedals too, original circuits...killer sound and build quality
:pazuzu:
thinlazy

Post by thinlazy »

Recently got an Ashbass Fuzzrite clone that wasnt that expensive and sounds very nice
Doveholes

Post by Doveholes »

Updated the original post with some new links. Just joined the waitlist for an Eiko Supa Jen :oldgrin:
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

thinlazy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:14 pm Recently got an Ashbass Fuzzrite clone that wasnt that expensive and sounds very nice
I’ve had two, gave one to my Dad. Both were killer and super archaic if that’s your steez!

I’m surprised Analogman hasn’t been mentioned!
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

walkingtiger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:34 pm I’m surprised Analogman hasn’t been mentioned!
You must be new here...
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

I actually don't know where the disdain for Analogman comes from either, TBH. :hmm:
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues