Euro 2020(1)

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Francus1971

Re: Euro 2020(1)

Post by Francus1971 »

rafmax wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:22 pm
Francus1971 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:35 pm as much as he is a wonderful player, to date I can't imagine him lasting for 10 years at very high levels, let's see I wish you so.
Hope so
but here numbers do not impress me so much sincerely, physically and technically he is very gifted, let's see if he is also mentally and temperamentally
mentally, he is a "machine". french being my main language, trust me, he is also well gifted intellectually. Well balanced team, parents, lawyer/agent around him too.
I like players who take the team, those who lead you to win not only with numbers but with leadership (crujff and maradona i.e.)
Numbers are never totally meaningless. Leaders are sometimes the guys with 100+ selections in national teams,... these could be goal keepers or defenders. These are the real leaders.
mbappè is young and can improve a lot from that point of view, let's see if it is in his characteristics. to me it seems more born to be a star than a leader, but time will tell
That's exactly because he is so young that it's amazing. Except for major injury (ies), he was designed du succeed :hihi: Let's enjoy his presence :party:
unfortunately, for me the psg also does not matter, they are the same as the harlem globetrotters brought into football. let's see if he can go to play in madrid yes he can make a remarkable career leap, if I were him I would not think for a minute to leave Paris
Harlem Globetrotters ?... hmm... only lost against Bayern in final last year (1-0), and have beaten Barca and Bayern this year. That's very nice for the Harlem's :whistle:

Time will tell about MBappe, Psg,... and Euro :popcorn: :tu:
bayern, barca, final, semifinal etc etc
it's all true, but if you compare it with the investments they have made , are not great results, not even the championship they have won this year
on the other hand, the coach they fired won the champions
it's a little laugh, come on
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

about laughing... PSG didn't win the championship this year :badteeth: :doh:

Well, I know there is a thing about Man City, PSG, the amount of money invested, where it comes from, rankings, etc..
So let's stick to the original topic : Euro 2020 (21!), not about newcomers in Top 10 European clubs.

Go France, Go :party: :cheers: !
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Mbappe gets all the hype before a France game but it’s Kante who’s the real star....the man covers every blade of grass for 90 mins, a total machine.
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

^ yes Kante. He totally bossed the Champions League final
’brutish in character but not thug like’
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

The question here in France is how good the trio "Benzema - Griezmann - MBappe" will work.
Don't forget Benzema was "banned" for years.
Francus1971

Post by Francus1971 »

i love Benzy
was eclipsed by ronaldo, and despite this he scored more than 150 goals in madrid. then once cr7 left he proved to be the wonderful center forward he is
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

P.S.: forgot to mention yesterday night's referee... :hmm: :doh:
Francus1971

Post by Francus1971 »

Forgot to teach to the new Pelé offside’ rules too
:lol:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Italy have looked the best ‘team’ for me so far, let’s hope they can keep this level for the whole tournament.

Normally a team grows as the tournament progresses but they look sharp, not as sharp as Mancini’s suits though
’brutish in character but not thug like’
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

Francus1971 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:48 pm Forgot to teach to the new Pelé offside’ rules too
:lol:
no one doubt about offsides. I mention the "penalty check" and the "Pavard knockdown"... Harald Schumacher style :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

:cheers:
innerflight wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:53 pm Italy have looked the best ‘team’ for me so far, let’s hope they can keep this level for the whole tournament.
Normally a team grows as the tournament progresses but they look sharp, not as sharp as Mancini’s suits though
I guess we will have to wait for next round to make sure teams are really competitive... except for Portugal/Germany/France.
But good "warm up" with weak Switzerland, Turkey.... and Wales.