Reverb is a cesspool

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

hamoftruth

Re: Reverb is a cesspool

Post by hamoftruth »

Yeah even just a couple months ago, I couldn't see myself paying upwards of $1k for a fuzz pedal, yet here I am with my Supa Zee and Electric Eye because they're the best MK1s I've ever played. I know there's a proper art to pedal making, especially fuzzes despite the few parts involved, but when you're looking at these things and it's the same price as a boutique amp or a top of the line guitar, it starts becoming super hard to justify.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
kluskie

Post by kluskie »

Despite what prices they are listed at, they will only sell for what anyone is prepared to pay for them.
Spook

Post by Spook »

kluskie wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:34 pm Despite what prices they are listed at, they will only sell for what anyone is prepared to pay for them.
:pazuzu:
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

Spook wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:44 am
kluskie wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:34 pm Despite what prices they are listed at, they will only sell for what anyone is prepared to pay for them.
:freakout: Funny to think that 1/2 of this lineup is now in Testament.

https://reverb.com/item/44105523-d-a-m- ... llard-oc83
Another $3k DAM pedal...this one appears to maybe be a one-off? So maybe somewhat more understandable..? Still...
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

hamoftruth wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:59 pm
Spook wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:44 am
:freakout: Funny to think that 1/2 of this lineup is now in Testament.

https://reverb.com/item/44105523-d-a-m- ... llard-oc83
Another $3k DAM pedal...this one appears to maybe be a one-off? So maybe somewhat more understandable..? Still...
Not a one off but part of a small run made for Joe, don’t know but I’d guess 10-12 made :hmm:
daCod

Post by daCod »

hamoftruth wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:59 pm https://reverb.com/item/44105523-d-a-m- ... llard-oc83
not a one-off. Dave did a run for Joe's last september. nice pedals. not $3k nice imho but looking at who's selling i'm not surprised :drunk:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Pure crack, along with the EE that was bought and instantly flipped for double the money :roll: :doh: :popcorn: :fu:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Spook

Post by Spook »

What's up with people asking shit-loads for Jen harmon boosters,
Did Mayer use one on Sob rock ? :paranoid:

Also this..https://reverb.com/item/42656397-1974-7 ... ter-bigsby
:pazuzu:
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

innerflight wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:14 pm Pure crack, along with the EE that was bought and instantly flipped for double the money :roll: :doh: :popcorn: :fu:
I'm not sure how many were in that last batch of EE's but I've seen at least 2 go straight up on reverb for at least double the price.
I wonder what the builders themselves think of all of this
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

daCod wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:11 pm
hamoftruth wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:59 pm https://reverb.com/item/44105523-d-a-m- ... llard-oc83
not a one-off. Dave did a run for Joe's last september. nice pedals. not $3k nice imho but looking at who's selling i'm not surprised :drunk:
Isn't the seller a member here...? :hmm: