Re: Favorite Fuzz Tones

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

fuckin' Bay City Rollers.

1:55
Zuff-1A

Post by Zuff-1A »

I really liked this song when I was about 12
In intro one guitar plays possibly through fuzz too :hmm: ?

Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Mentally i'm about 12, and dig that song ^
ombudsman

Post by ombudsman »

I like lots of classic rock, funk, and glam fuzz sounds, but what really made me want to use fuzz myself was Joy Division; specifically the 2nd Peel Session version of Colony (which sounds like it also relies on the tube Echorec 2 to push the amp harder in some of the lead parts), the studio version of Atrocity Exhibition (with Hooky on noise guitar), and the heavier tracks on the Amsterdam show like A Means to an End. I don't know and have long wondered what fuzz was involved; the Vox 730 had one built in, but I don't recall ever seeing a pic of them with the distinctive large 3 button footswitch you need to operate it.
Zuff-1A

Post by Zuff-1A »

ombudsman wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:10 pm I like lots of classic rock, funk, and glam fuzz sounds, but what really made me want to use fuzz myself was Joy Division; specifically the 2nd Peel Session version of Colony (which sounds like it also relies on the tube Echorec 2 to push the amp harder in some of the lead parts), the studio version of Atrocity Exhibition (with Hooky on noise guitar), and the heavier tracks on the Amsterdam show like A Means to an End. I don't know and have long wondered what fuzz was involved; the Vox 730 had one built in, but I don't recall ever seeing a pic of them with the distinctive large 3 button footswitch you need to operate it.
Sounds great :tu:
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

Zuff-1A wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:01 am
ombudsman wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:10 pm I like lots of classic rock, funk, and glam fuzz sounds, but what really made me want to use fuzz myself was Joy Division; specifically the 2nd Peel Session version of Colony (which sounds like it also relies on the tube Echorec 2 to push the amp harder in some of the lead parts), the studio version of Atrocity Exhibition (with Hooky on noise guitar), and the heavier tracks on the Amsterdam show like A Means to an End. I don't know and have long wondered what fuzz was involved; the Vox 730 had one built in, but I don't recall ever seeing a pic of them with the distinctive large 3 button footswitch you need to operate it.
Sounds great :tu:
Those guitar sounds are incredible. Thanks for sharing
sledz

Post by sledz »

Maybe not fav, but for sure first to come in mind. Such a band... 1966!

fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Here's a great fuzz sound from Billy Gibbons when he was in The Moving Sidewalks! :freakout:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ldYv5kqLVS0
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
Jan6

Post by Jan6 »

For me its definitely Truckfighters
https://youtu.be/JLMPA4xPFpg