Favorite Fuzz Tones

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

hamoftruth

Favorite Fuzz Tones

Post by hamoftruth »

Apologies if such a broad topic has already been discussed, but I thought it might be interesting and fun to share everyone's favorite fuzz tones. For someone like me it's easy to get lost in the gear and forget about the "making music" part sometimes :smashed:

The sound that got me into fuzz was seeing Eric Johnson live and being floored with the tone from either his BC183 Fuzz Face or Tube Driver. I think this video has a good representation of that tone @ 4:55 .

The MK1 and Zonk Machine were the next two pedals that captivated me with their unique raspy tone. Doyle Bramhall II was the gateway, but I've discovered several hidden gems researching fuzz for great examples of this tone.

And I suppose it's hard to leave out what I consider to be possibly the best Big Muff guitar tone, even though I've not yet found a Big Muff that I really bond with. Cherub Rock.

And I'd be remiss to leave out the Boss FZ2/Univox Superfuzz tone most crushingly utilized by Electric Wizard.

And this track sounds like it has fuzz on it but it could just be a broken up tiny amp. Anybody know? Raconteurs
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
jreeves47

Re: Favorite Fuzz Tones

Post by jreeves47 »

jimi hendrix - love or confusion, i don't live today, thrid stone from the sun, purple haze
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

Alan Parker
Still and always will give me the shivers
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
Spook

Post by Spook »

:pazuzu:
kluskie

Post by kluskie »

jreeves47 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:21 pm jimi hendrix - love or confusion, i don't live today, thrid stone from the sun, purple haze
:tu: :cheers:
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

I mean, have I ever heard a fuzz tone I didn't like? But here are a few starters if we're talking favourites:

hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

Doc Holliday wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:54 am
What fuzz do you suppose that is? Sounds pretty wonderful
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
Spook

Post by Spook »

A foxrox fuzz face ? he has a Metal zone on his board...it does sound tone bender'ish thoug
:pazuzu: