My local guitar shop is selling…..

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Doc Holliday

My local guitar shop is selling…..

Post by Doc Holliday »

After reading and adding various negativity to threads regarding EBay and Reverb I thought it might seem like a good idea to design a thread heading back to the days where if you wanted decent used gear your local guitar shop may have it?!

Ie if your local guitar shop has a bargain bin or has posted a picture on Instagram etc post it here.
Someone here may be looking for that something.

I’ve been searching for a Dr scientist reverb and I’ve watched reverb and eBay. Unfortunately they haven’t been coming up for sale or the ones that have have been silly prices.

I thought I bet there’s one out there somewhere… sitting in a small guitar shop on the shelf collecting dust for like $100.
And I won’t get to see it because maybe they don’t advertise their products on social media or update their webpage.
Luckily Joe @ Joes pedals has one in his stash and didn’t want to charge me a arm and a leg for it.

So… any bargains out there… post it up here.
Links, pictures. The non reverb and eBay thread??

Support your local guitar gear stores or online retailers!
Let eBay and Reverb overcharge their customers and encourage flipping and high prices.
daCod

Re: My local guitar shop is selling…..

Post by daCod »

:party:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Great idea.
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

There’s a nice Red Sun FX muff type pedal at Joes for £150 for those that like a quality muff but don’t want to pay hundreds on one

https://joespedals.com/collections/used ... ammut-muff
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

100% agree about Joes pedals ... I've dealt with him a number of times and so have mates , all transactions have been easy and fair , with no one getting ripped off or loosing out. I've got some great pedals from him and have also traded stuff in which he's then resold on his site at a very decent and fair price. Win win , how it should be done.
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

100% agree about Joes pedals ... I've dealt with him a number of times and so have mates , all transactions have been easy and fair , with no one getting ripped off or loosing out. I've got some great pedals from him and have also traded stuff in which he's then resold on his site at a very decent and fair price. Win win , how it should be done.
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

Cool topic ! Yes, Joe is great and has amazing stuffs in his stash.
There is one great pedal to catch for a cool price ( on reverb tough, so it's still possible to find good deals there :p)
https://reverb.com/fr/item/39504856-vl- ... td-edition
It has a Tubescreamer mode and a dumble mode. It's almost half of its price new.
I have the greentone and this thing is stellar. It's just miles above any other OD you heard or played.
Vincent uses big old NOS caps, and with an internal 9v-18v jump, you get unmatched headroom, dynamics, harmonics, depth,. My other ODs sound like toys next to it, thin and dry.
I'm selling all my TS9, king of tone, timmy, tumnus, etc. because I won't need them anymore, Vincent's pedals are in a different league. Once you try his work, there is no turning back :badlove:
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Nice! yeah Vincent does make great stuff im still yet to try any. Soon hopefully!
Let’s keep this as a non reverb / eBay thread though.
There are threads dedicated to those on here. And reverb and eBay get plenty of traffic 👍
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

Doc Holliday wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:11 pm Nice! yeah Vincent does make great stuff im still yet to try any. Soon hopefully!
Let’s keep this as a non reverb / eBay thread though.
There are threads dedicated to those on here. And reverb and eBay get plenty of traffic 👍
Yeah, sorry about that !
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes