Ebay rip off

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

aaland_brian

Re: Ebay rip off

Post by aaland_brian »

I'm guessing I'll tell him to fuck off pretty soon, he still hasn't sent me pics of the damage, funny how things slow down when you ask for proof. He really messed up when he told me it was the speakers were ripped, if he'd have left it as an electrical problem there would be no way for me to ask for proof.
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Post by CONAN »

Liars often over egg the pudding, more fool them.
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

Now the buyer is back to the same original excuse with no pics of the supposed torn speakers. I'm guessing he just wanted to take the amp for a test drive and found out it wasn't his style so it's time to make excuses to fuck the seller out of shipping cost. I would be more pissed but I have a new amp coming on thursday so I'll be lost playing that through the new year. If ebay rules in his favor I'm going to be done selling through them forever, but buying through them won't end till I get fuck on that as well someday.
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
pothole

Post by pothole »

sorry to hear about the bullshit. man, whenever I ship amps or guitars, I insure the fuck out of them just to combat fuckchops like your buyer. good luck man.
aaland_brian

Re:

Post by aaland_brian »

pothole wrote:sorry to hear about the bullshit. man, whenever I ship amps or guitars, I insure the fuck out of them just to combat fuckchops like your buyer. good luck man.
I insure everything for new value as well, since ups has completely demolished one of my amps, but even that with ups's newer policy's is pretty much worthless unless they package it for you. The funny thing with this case is there is nothing he can prove is wrong so he's just grasping at straws making stuff up and changing his story, all of which I have notified ebay about. This is a straight up case of cognative dissonance on the buyers behave and him trying to stick me for shipping a heavy amp. I actually think I'll win this dispute which would be a first in my ebay career as a seller, since it's a buyers world.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Good luck on that one. It sounds like the buyer is a real DB. I am thinking that Ebay will rule in your favor if he was using the torn speakers story and then won't provide any photographic evidence.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

Well now ebay is going to ask for him to send photo's in or close the case, I guess it's time to see if this fuck bag is going to break out the box cutter and screw me over. This will be the decider in if I ever sell things online again, except to you guys in the money pit.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Anyone that would purposely destroy an amp like that is mentally unstable. Good luck!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

He changed his story again to it sounds like the speakers are ripped and he didn't open the amp up as it would violate some sort of ebay contract if he opened it. How the fuck, it's a open back combo? I finally worked out a deal with ebay to credit my account the shipping so I'm taking it back, took about a half hour to accomplish this as it is against ebay policy. I'm going to have it serviced and have a recipt proving it works 100% and then sell it on the forums, I already have all the packaging and will snap some new pics and put it up in the new year. Fuck ebay, done selling anything electrical on there after this hear say garbage.
itkindaworks

Post by itkindaworks »

Man, that's a shame that someone wants to just jerk you around like that.