Ebay rip off

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

yup, especially at this time of year. best of luck man.
yarp

Re: Ebay rip off

Post by yarp »

ive had several people play the make up excuses game. Where are their scruples? One claimed the pedal was faulty, i finally relented and accepted a return. Once i got it back and found t wasn't faulty i contacted him to ask why he had made up an excuse. The response i got was " fuck you, its a shit pedal and i dont like it" i guess he was a kid who didn't know what fuzz was.

Good luck with the resale. if i were you though i would play a little game back as revenge, when you receive the amp back (hopefully safe and sound) smash some old tubes put them in the enclosure, photo it (sans good tubes) and inform ebay you received it back in an unsellable manner, then request the refund you give him is less to the tune of a set of new tubes. That sting in the tail should prevent the prick from playing similar stunts in the future.
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

The thing is over and now I'm done selling on ebay, I'm going to take it to a quality repair shop and pay them whatever to give it a thorough going over and sell it through probably here and tgp. I'm done with ebay's one sided buyer protection, if the guy really wanted it and there was a problem I would have paid for the repair 100% but obviously he was just a fucker who doesn't play by the rules. I have got tons of stuff through ebay that I didn't bond with but I am always the bigger man and resell it myself rather than play fuck the buyer. My new amp showed up about a half hour ago and it's warmed up by now so I'm about to plug in and forget about this till I get the amp back and resell, or who knows maybe I'll end up keeping it and take out a bigger student loan this semester :doh:
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Post by CONAN »

Would you like me to have him killed?
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

I was thinking I better wait til after the holidays, but then we'll talk :evil:
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

aaland_brian wrote:The thing is over and now I'm done selling on ebay...
I've reached that point too. I buy things now and again on Ebay but that's about it.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

well got the amp back, I double boxed it to him, but he only single boxed it back and its smashed, amp broke of cab speakers smashed tubes broke. I think this guy bought himself an amp whether he wants it or not :bong2:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

aaland_brian wrote:well got the amp back, I double boxed it to him, but he only single boxed it back and its smashed, amp broke of cab speakers smashed tubes broke. I think this guy bought himself an amp whether he wants it or not :bong2:
What a moron. :doh: If Ebay doesn't side with you on this I can't imagine what they're thinking. What a shame to have a musical instrument broken like that.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

What a fucking scumbag. Can we have his ebay id so we can add him to our block lists?
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

clamour_cabinets is his ebay ID, I wish they gave you the option to only sell to people with 100% feedback, usually if a guy does something bad enough to actually get negative feedback he is capable of pretty bad shit. I can't wait to call ebay on christmas to sort this out, but I did have a good christmas eve with the girlfriend and family.