Ebay rip off

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Banwell

Re: Ebay rip off

Post by Banwell »

Ah man your tale of woe is sickening, don't let it get you down and continue to rise above this shit. You're the honest one and hopefully this prick will get his comeuppance sometime soon.

Ebay - well I use it with extreme caution. Always expensive delivery and demand happy delivery asap. Touch wood all has been good so far. For every scumbag on there there's at least a 1000 good souls. I've been amazed lately at the amount of people who undercut and send cash via account - with no ebay or paypal backup (trusting in my honesty). Oh and if you check your selling preferences you can ramp up the access to bid, doesn't totally keep the doss out but gets the worst of them.
Kregg

Post by Kregg »

Did this twit smash up the amp before he shipped it, after you busted him on his lame assed claim? :rolleyes2:
The surest way to save an endangered species ... put it on the menu.

A theory that explains everything ... explains nothing.
Scott

Post by Scott »

i had a terrible ebay experience once with an amp that was shipped to me and it was busted up when it got here and the lady who shipped it did everything under the sun to try and shift the blame elsewhere. And it was 100% her fault in her lousy packing of it. she blamerd UPS, she wanted me to strip it and sell it for parts, telling me how much i could get for each part, she even sent in a counter claim that i shipped it back and it got to her in worse condition than what i originally got it. Thanks to my friends in here, i got on paypal right away and filed a claim and i won the case and paypal gave me all my money back. She ended up getting the amp redone and someone did a good job for her and she sold it for about 1700 bucks on ebay. But the amp was nowhere near original like it was when i bought it. the back panels were painted white and a few things were not original anymore. It was an awful time so i know what youre going through. Hang in there!!
Damn-Deal-Done

Post by Damn-Deal-Done »

Always get photographic proof of each stage of packing up an amp and always go that extra mile with the packaging, even if it is unnecessary, like taping bubble wrap around plugs. Cover all your basses. When I pack an amp up it could be dragged all the way to it's destination and I know that if anything is wrong at the other end it was definitly not my blame. I usually even photograph the collection. Oh and obviously take extensive photographs of the amp before sending it. I've sent a number of amps and have been fine so far, though I have bought a few which have been scarily under protected but luckily they have all worked.
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

The D-Bag is trying to say he sent it in the same packaging I sent it to him in now and is saying I'm holding his money and being dishonest, this guy is too much. Glad I have tons of pics and sent the package through ebay so they can see it's quite a bit lighter when he sent it back with 1/4 the packaging. Who knows I'll still probably get the shaft somehow.
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Did he insure it?
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

The movie, The Never Ending Story, that sort of fits here.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

Yup, I have a feeling it will end badly for me anyway, the guy is lying and grasping at straws now and all he would have needed t do was to return it in the same solid packaging. I have talked to ebay 3 times since it came back and they always seem to side with the buyers lies until I give them some sort of proof, then he lies again and they go with him again. I will take this one all the way to legal action if needed, It's going to cost me more than its worth but fuck this liar. His name is Drew Black by the way, I have his phone number if anyone wants to talk to him, I know I don't until after its all taken care of, then I'm sure I'll tell him what I think.
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

I don't understand Ebay. They make their money from the sellers, not the buyers. Seems like siding with sellers would be more in their interest.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

Well in an unlikey turn of events ebay has sided with both of us, the buyer was assured he would get a refund if he shipped it back and they aren't going to charge back from my account since it's broke. Looks like I got a new christmas present in a broken amp, I have new tubes for it and will just deal with some cosmetic damages for a free amp. Merry Christmas to me, and that guy paid shipping out of his own pocket so he lost out on about $100 on the whole deal. All is right with the world again.