Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Nick wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:58 pm Just count your blessings that these people aren't interested in the pedals that we all are :tu:
Ha-yeah.That is too funny. I'd never heard of them until I saw some crack pipe pricing on Reverb.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by kebneter »

I might buy an Isle of Tone pedal for waaaayyyy less than that. I'm not (totally) crazy. :-)
Darth Sabbathi

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

This added to my impression of IoT as utter wankers...
IoT.png
IoT.png (557.69 KiB) Viewed 900 times
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

Darth Sabbathi wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:55 am This added to my impression of IoT as utter wankers...
IoT.png
To the question "let's see what we can do with this ?"
the obvious answer is "let's make a 1300 euros tone bender clone with amazingly rare NOS transistors matched by ear, premium handmade enclosures molded in gold with amazing paint made only for us with fairy poop and stardust"
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

^ comes with a T shirt though
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Darth Sabbathi wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:55 am This added to my impression of IoT as utter wankers...
IoT.png
Biggest wankers since BPC ?
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

innerflight wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:32 am ^ comes with a T shirt though
amazing hand embroidered t shirt made with ultra rare hand selected NOS fabric from fair trade with colors matched by eyes
https://reverb.com/fr/item/40194617-isl ... -large-nwt
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
Lach

Post by Lach »

I don't get the Isle of Tone thing... I kind of see Inner's point though that it seemed to have just steamrolled with the Instagram crowd. I first heard of them when my mate sent me a post of their's perhaps 2 or 3 years ago now saying "look, someone's actually relicing pedals now! Hahaha!" Or something to that effect. Don't think they cost so much back then... they probably hadn't added the t-shirt yet.. or started making their own cloth wire or whatever. Heh
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Yeah, if I wanted a relic’d 2 transistor fuzz for over £1,000 I’d buy a vintage fuzz face
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
eerock

Post by eerock »

I get their business plan: using rareish transistors, making unique paint jobs, first giving them free to all the social media influencers and then collecting the profits when the hype is on. That is how marketing works these days. What I don't get that people are still willing to buy them even though they cost shit ton of money. And their marketing is kind of cheesy with matched by ear transistors and what not. But people seem to dig all that so I can't really blame the makers. And then comes the flippers who takes it to whole another level. It's a crazy world we live in :freak: