Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

pothole

Re: Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

Post by pothole »

1bottlerocket wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:46 am
pothole wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:49 am what's up with all the douches trying to sell Pigdog pedals for 2-3 times more than what Steve sold them for? I don't get it. If you want to make money, go do something productive instead of trying to fleece the fuzz community.. jeez.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... x.2146543/
I love your comment in the TGP thread. What a douche bag. :lol:
HA!
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Doc Holliday wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:39 pm Yeah I don’t want to come across like an arse but I’ve messaged this dude
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233612250269

Just like..... mate.... it ain’t gonna happen.
I’ve completely geeked out by telling him serial number/ order parts etc and the Hendrix thing is shit.
For real. I suppose that will always be the case when people care about money over making music (& helping fellow musicians). That’s just crazy.

I’m over it with vintage stuff, why buy something potentially unreliable or cruddy with all the great builders around? Don’t answer that LOL.
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

Doc Holliday wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:39 pm Yeah I don’t want to come across like an arse but I’ve messaged this dude
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233612250269

Just like..... mate.... it ain’t gonna happen.
I’ve completely geeked out by telling him serial number/ order parts etc and the Hendrix thing is shit.
I'm sure my brother had one of their bikes a few years ago. True story... :oldgrin:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Ha! Prices to me are way way off here.
Shame as it’s a nice wah... for like £300 tops.
I don’t know where the other £1200 came from
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

’brutish in character but not thug like’
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

You know it’s quite worrying that we’ve gone from people not having the knowledge on these old devices and listing them for probably less than their actual value to people still having very little about them so they chance it with adding several 0’s on the end of their asking price.

Ya know if you shuv in the description “Hendrix” used one like this it bumps up the price considerably 😏
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Oh shit that’s madness
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Wow, that's uhhhh... a bit much. I wish I could get one of Jim's.. but never seems to work out. Bummer! $1500 tho haha... uh nah. I'm good. :(
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

windjamma wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:46 am Exactly, i sold this fuzzbound, and the pratt immediately put it up on reverb, for twice what i sold it to him for.

https://reverb.com/item/33307737-pigdog ... buzzaround

If i had of known this i wouldn't of sold it to him, i would rather it went to someone who actually wanted one.
Completely agree mate , if I buy something that's somewhat rare or elusive I'm not gonna feel bad if I don't get on with it and try to sell it , BUT I'm gonna be looking to get back hopefully what I brought it for , and certainly not a chunk more. I'd rather it went to " someone like me " ....if they love it and hang on to it then great .....if they don't then they can just keep on passing it down the line for another one of " us" to try until it finds its home ie someone that will never let it go cos it inspires them . That's how ( in my mind) this should work. But when someone along the way gets hold of it and instantly flips it at 2 or 3 times the price it cocks up the whole thing