Read this before you post!!

Post goodies for sale, buy and trade stuff.

Moderators: The Captain, devnulljp

melodichaotic

Re: Read this before you post!!

Post by melodichaotic »

Multi-point credentials prolly will work best(TGP, EBAY, etc), especially with newbies, and particularly solid personal references from DAMsters we all know and loathe...er, love :badteeth:
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

The Captain wrote:2. You MUST have 25 posts or an active using forum member here to vouch for you or some other means to validate yourself as being a cool right on dude and not a skanky witch.
I'm just about to throw the switch to make the 25 posts or higher thing count for the money pit ... new users won't be able to start threads in the money pit.
Of course, if you have good karma and someone to vouch that you're not a skanky witch an exception can be made.

But as a matter of course, as of this afternoon (or whenever I get a minute really), if you don't have a post count of 25 or higher you won't be able to start a buy my stuff thread in the money pit (Note: this won't affect posting on the rest of the board, and shouldn't affect the majority of people here anyway -- drop me a PM if I screw it up and you find yourself having trouble OK?).

Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

25 is 25
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

test ignore
Dear Bongo, No.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

The 25 post thing is a great idea, it stops the drive-by sales.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

OK, that's done. As of now, new users must have 25 posts on the board before you can post new threads in the Buy/Sell & Trade forum.
New users can still reply to threads in there, just not start new ones. As soon as you hit 25 posts in the rest of the board, you'll be able to flog your stuff in there same as everyone else.

(You might still see threads started in the B/S&T by users with less than 25 posts -- they got in before the lock, and I didn't fancy hunting down all new users and putting a bullet in the head of their forum permissions. Doesn't seem fair to retroactively change the rules ... plus it would be a hassle).

This shouldn't affect most people on the board, but if you run into any problems drop me a note.

Dear Bongo, No.
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

:crackjam: :captain: :tu:
Live Slow... Die old...
the treble boost kid

Post by the treble boost kid »

http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7828

is it me or is thier a wack of newbies in the last month with sales......and gimmie gimmie...i want want posts ??
i find it rather fucking annoying.

i was hooked on phonics before i was hooked on DAM.
actually this hooked on the classics pop orchestra tape really came 1st.
Flight of the Bumble Bee....meet Super Bee ( someday ) !!
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw
AGuitarPlayer

Re:

Post by AGuitarPlayer »

the treble boost kid wrote:is it me or is thier a wack of newbies in the last month with sales......and gimmie gimmie...i want want posts ??
i find it rather fucking annoying.
There have been some new members around here lately but the low post-count people I've spoken with have been nice. Also, one of the newer guys sold a Sola & a Rooster for very reasonable prices in the last week. :tu:
If dudes be buying my stuff and selling cool shit for good prices I'm thrilled to have them aboard.
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

IS the 25 post rule cookin'?
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."