Si Red Rooster?

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

devnulljp

Si Red Rooster?

Post by devnulljp »

Hey, what's the deal with the Si Red Rooster?
I needs a Rooster -- should I just wait for a Ge? What's the difference in tone?
Last edited by devnulljp on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

I guess it's one-off, so you'd better ask the Captain.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

what the what? when did i miss the Si Red Rooster? (i feel like the old Duke Nuke'em "where is it?")
happiass

Re: Si ed Rooster?

Post by happiass »

kb892 wrote:what the what? when did i miss the Si Red Rooster? (i feel like the old Duke Nuke'em "where is it?")
Someone was selling it on the gear page viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7372. I'm pretty curious about this one as well.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

thanks, very interesting.
bennybanana

Re: Si Red Rooster?

Post by bennybanana »

I bought this Silicon Rooster, and it arrived here in Australia today. I plan on doing an A/B of my standard vs the Silicon Rooster soon (when time permits) but my first impression is that it is definitely the same beast, but with a different flavour (duh :roll: ) . The tone range seems to be very similar, if not identical, but when the range is set towards the bassier end the SI rooster sounds a bit dirtier, has more grit and the frequency range is a little more compressed. At the treble end, the Ge Rooster sounds, again, more open, but the Si still sounds great - maybe a little more bite here again. Together, :headbanger:! The amount of gain on the 2 seems identical. I've only had the chance to play with them for a short period of time but when work permits this week I know what I'll be doing!
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Damn you! It was just across the water from me too. I guess the hitman I hired to take care of the competition took too long getting to the Antipodes...
I need a crack team of highly trained redbacks for next time.
Enjoy that rare beast.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys