Meathead into Red Rooster = ?

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

TheWarmth

Meathead into Red Rooster = ?

Post by TheWarmth »

I got my Rooster of Reality recenty. My plan is to put it after my standard-tuned one-knob Meathead. Sound good? Anyone here do this?
skybone

Post by skybone »

It's worth a try, though I think for the range knob to be heard effectively, the Rooster is best placed BEFORE any fuzz/OD/dist box. That way you can dial in the range knob, and effect the signal before you add fuzz. Especially if you're running either of them anywhere near flat out.

I tried the Rooster on both sides of the Titan, and it had more effect on the signal when it was placed first, with the Titan after it. That way, you could really hear the mids when soloing.
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

I put the Rooster after my Sola into a clean amp, and it sounded great. With a dirty amp I don't know. My policy with Marshalls is Rooster-only.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

I just tried it and I much prefer it the other way round. But give it a go and see if you like it. I like Rooster before Titan too.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

I use a Matchless HC-30. It's usually just a little overdriven with my 335. I guess I will have to try both ways and see which works for me.
JVania

Re:

Post by JVania »

TheWarmth wrote:I use a Matchless HC-30. It's usually just a little overdriven with my 335. I guess I will have to try both ways and see which works for me.
Just out of curiosity which way did you end up going with?
the treble boost kid

Post by the treble boost kid »

i think of drive pedals as the amp,
sooooooooooooooooooo..............where would a treble boost go to sound best ........to K I C K O U T T H E J A M S ??
hahahaaa.....ya....before.

G U I T A R - a vibro sensation
F U Z Z - chew
B O O S T - spit
D R I V E - kick
A M P - a sonic dynamik to project an output level further than by man alone, now reaching the mountains crest.....your ability is god.

it's all relative.
"it's all in the mind"

Warmth's sound rocks !!!!!!

............and people, stop saying Rooster of Reality.
It makes me want one..........like......a lot.

i dunno, having a nickname of Sabbath in grade 8 might have had something to do with it.

Having not played a meathead......??, i would say to try using the guitar volume for hitting the meat (like a FF), and using the Rooooooooooooooooooooooost'ar to kick out the volume and desired complimenting freqs of sound that would gel with what the heathead is doing, alongside with how that goes to hitting your amp, and what that is doing.

I say this because i figure it gives you more nuance control, and does the meat really need to be spanked by another cock in front of it ?

Your a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better soundmaker than me, so i think you'll figure out what works for ya.

EDIT : I'm leaving the typo. "heathead" you heard it here first, may we all see it as a pedal later ?

2nd EDIT : In response to the last edit. No, i hope not. "heathead" is lame......a lame name, and i never use the word lame, so yes......it is in fact that bad.

Enjoy your day.
Six string lives !!!!!!
:crackjam:
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw
Laundromat

Re: Meathead into Red Rooster = ?

Post by Laundromat »

I suggest the post above wins a free Rooster. :hihi:
Condolences, the bums lost!
the treble boost kid

Post by the treble boost kid »

the dude abides.....
then it should happen.
:cowboy:
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw