Jerms MK1.....jump in............2 more........+1

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

imguitardan

Post by imguitardan »

Can you do a Castledine Supa MKI vs. Jerms MKI?
New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. The more truth we have to work with, the richer we become.

Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
Scott

Post by Scott »

yes i can....... but with which guitar would you like me to use>strat relic, nocaster, Gibson 1969 SG with P90s, or my 1971 Gibson SG special with humbuckers?
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

It would be really cool if you could use both SGs to hear how these boxes work with different pups.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Jet i just did a demo with my relic strat comparing the two. Uploading on youtube as i type. I will do a demo soon of my '69 P90 SG, using both pedals. I did do one demo with my humbuckers>SG , and that will be up shortly. And that was using Jerms mk1. I'd do it now but i have to get ready for a Christmas party. I heard Jesus was going to be there so i have to look all nice>ha ha. J/K
stella_blues

Re:

Post by stella_blues »

Scott wrote:yes i can....... but with which guitar would you like me to use>strat relic, nocaster, Gibson 1969 SG with P90s, or my 1971 Gibson SG special with humbuckers?
Use em all Scott!!

I mentioned in the Castledine Supa thread that you probably could demo both of these awesome pedals.

Oh, and we both have similar tastes in great fuzz pedals :tu: ,jerms,Pigdog, Castledine,Meathead deluxe.

What are we getting next? :hihi:
Scott

Re: Jerms MK1.....jump in............2 more.................

Post by Scott »

2 more.....

Scott

Re: Jerms MK1.....jump in............2 more.................

Post by Scott »

Here's one last one using my 1969 Gibson SG Special with P90s.

imguitardan

Post by imguitardan »

Thanks Scott!

I play a '65 SG Special and the last video is helpful to me. I LOVE the Supa MKI with my low output single coils but it's a little darker and more compressed than I'd like with my P-90s (unless I'm strictly doing leads - which I seldom do).

I'm on the Jerms list so I'll be able to do my own comparison before too long.

Thanks again for all the effort!
New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. The more truth we have to work with, the richer we become.

Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
Scott

Post by Scott »

youre quite welcome. I totally agree in that the P90 pickups are excellent for leads only. But i also prefer the single coils for these types of pedals. They sound great with both leads and rhythm. such a beautiful nasty fuzz going on. My strat and nocaster love this pedal. If there's any other demos between pedals, or stand alone ones that you want, let me know.
Stu

Re: Jerms MK1.....jump in............2 more........+1

Post by Stu »

Nice clips, Scott! That's what I expected to hear - the Supa has treble roll off in two spots and larger input and output caps, so it should sound thicker than the MkI.