D*A*M Pedal Galleries

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

mrpicard

D*A*M Pedal Galleries

Post by mrpicard »

I have put together three web-based photographic galleries providing a visual repository for D*A*M pedals. First is the D*A*M Pedal Gallery. This contains all the variety of pedals created by The Captain and starts off with his first Red Rooster from April 2003 right up to the latest D*A*M Fuzzaround "Amber Flake" pedals from List #2 created in September 2008. All the photos in this gallery are in date order so you can see a nice transition through the years. The idea of the D*A*M Pedal Gallery is to focus on the variety of pedals rather than to provide a database of all the specific pedals. The second Gallery, which is here D*A*M Pedal Registry, does provide a photographic database of all the D*A*M pedals made and matches the pedals listed in the text-based D*A*M Pedal Registry database. Owners are encourage to send me their photos so that I can add them to this gallery. Finally, the D*A*M Limited Custom Projects gallery provides a photographic gallery of the custom projects from The Captain.

When you first see any of the above galleries you are presented with the photo Album. The Album may contain many pages, as indicated by the Page Counter at the top of the Album. You can click on the Page Counter to scroll through the individual Album pages. You can then change how you see the Album using the Grid, Mosaic, Carousel and Slideshow controls at the bottom-left of the page. The controls at the bottom right of the page enable you to change the Album background colors and to change the size of the photos being displayed. If you move this slider to the left the images get smaller and as you move the slider to the right they get bigger. The smaller the photos the more you can see on one page. Finally, you can click on individual photos to see the photo at its largest size (it will only display that single photo). Once you do this you can scroll through each photo individually (using the new controls at the bottom) or you can go back to the Album via the button at the top left of the page. The idea is to click on every button and move every slider and just see what happens. Have fun with it because there are quite a few presentation options and styles that are quite innovative for a web page. For example, it is fun to use the Carousel option and drag the slider around to quickly scroll through all the photos in the Album at once.

As always, most fun will be had by those with big screens, fast computers and fast Internet connections. You may find that if you have an older browser that you may not be able to use all the presentation options. Also, see the technical note under the photo below about a possible problem for Microsoft Windows users.

Lastly, if you have any high-quality photos that cover pedals that are missing then send them to me and I will add them to the gallery. It is up to the owner of the photograph to digitally remove their name if it is on the backplate - if you post a photo and the backplate has a name on it that name will not be altered or removed.

Enjoy as all those pedals are gorgeous :-)

Technical Note: It seems that on some Microsoft Windows systems you may get the error message "Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive." Basically, the solution is to just click on the "Continue" button several times until your computer catches up and then everything finally loads OK. If you do this you should be able to get the whole gallery to work OK and you should see all the D*A*M photos etc, etc. Hopefully that bug will be fixed soon.
Last edited by mrpicard on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:01 am, edited 32 times in total.
mrpicard

Re: D*A*M Pedal Gallery

Post by mrpicard »

Sickle wrote:Holy shit; I've never seen that 'Big Daddy' before..FANTASTIC!! Superb job on this, mrpicard, highly enjoyable presentation!!
Thank you, as you can see I have been a very busy boy :-)
imlikeajungle

Re: D*A*M Pedal Galleries

Post by imlikeajungle »

Awesome idea!
Do you want pictures of 'ordinary' production pedals, too?
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

imlikeajungle wrote:Awesome idea! Do you want pictures of 'ordinary' production pedals, too?
Thanks :-). Yes, any "ordinary" pedal you have will definitely go into the D*A*M Pedal Registry. Ideally, the photos should show the top of the enclosure, the inside of the enclosure, a close-up of the circuit board and the backplate showing the builder inscription. If that is too hard then just the top and the backplate is fine. If that is too boring then photos of the pedal in unusual poses or locations is also welcome :D. I have no scruples, I will take anything :D.
eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

Mr. P, Sick job with the pedal picture/registery/enclosure stuff. It looks amazing. I spent about an hour yesterday drooling through all those pictures :love: . Just wann say thanks!
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

eastcoast wrote:Mr. P, Sick job with the pedal picture/registery/enclosure stuff. It looks amazing. I spent about an hour yesterday drooling through all those pictures :love: . Just wann say thanks!
Thanks, most appreciated :-) So many great pedals...
CALI68

Post by CALI68 »

Wow just found this! Amazing job Sir!!!

-Chris
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

CALI68 wrote:Wow just found this! Amazing job Sir!!!

-Chris
Thanks, and it gets bigger every day!! :-)
garyrogue

Post by garyrogue »

Yes indeed, Mr. P, great job. Cool to see all the pedals.
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Very nice indeed.
It's like an orange on a toothpick