1966 comparison clips... 4 different ones!

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

SBlue

1966 comparison clips... 4 different ones!

Post by SBlue »

I was planning on doing this for a while, but the lack of time would not let me do it.
Anyway, they are all recorded using a Tele(bridge pu only), into a D*A*M 1966(my favorite fuzz pedal, in case you don't know), and into a Hiwatt. They are four different 1966s pedals. One with OC75, one with SFT353, one with AC125 and one with Silicon transistors.
Each 1966 has a Normal and Super Bee sound file recorded, so you can have an idea of how different they sound in both modes.
Before you asked which one I like better... the OC75 shines with humbucker, and it does cut through the mix a little better than the others. The SFT353 sound it's best with a P90 guitar. The AC125 is great with a Strat. With a Tele I really like the Silicon, which sounds like it's trying to explode and kill everybody around.
Hope you like them!!!
PS:Some computers were craping out the sound files at Soundclick.com, mostly the ones with Vista. Please, don't ask me why... I'm a MAC user.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=828435
JP30

Re: 1966 comparison clips... 4 different ones!

Post by JP30 »

:party: excellent job!!
I was really hoping that someone here would come out with something like this !!
I have to get the silicon 1966 !!

Bigmuff comparison clips are also cool.
I have to get a green muff. !!
SBlue

Post by SBlue »

JP30 wrote::party: excellent job!!
I was really hoping that someone here would come out with something like this !!
I have to get the silicon 1966 !!

Bigmuff comparison clips are also cool.
I have to get a green muff. !!
Thanks JP30,
I didn't intend to show the Big Muff ones, since I'm planning on record them again with better drums, bass and better playing.
At least the long wait for a lot of people(difference between Ge and Si 66s) could be considered over. :freakout:
Cheers,
Tiago
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Wow! Really great job Tiago!! :badteeth: Excellent stuff. You've done a super job of capturing the tones of each one. Very nice indeed. I'm really fond of the dual SFT's units myself. Its like a little box full of fuzzy little chainsaws all wanting to love up ones ear drums :hihi:
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

Tiago, this is a great resource for me! I appreciate your choice of riffs (1 vs. 2) for each pedal and the comparable volume between pedals of the same "type." Thanks!
the_original_mr_nice

Post by the_original_mr_nice »

SBlue wrote:PS:Some computers were craping out the sound files at Soundclick.com, mostly the ones with Vista. Please, don't ask me why... I'm a MAC user.
On hi-fi quality they play all glitchy and wobbly with some strangled compressed fuzziness that sounds good to me :tu: Although that's not how they're meant to sound maybe that says something about my taste that I'm digging it :hmm:
SBlue

Post by SBlue »

The Captain wrote:Wow! Really great job Tiago!! :badteeth: Excellent stuff. You've done a super job of capturing the tones of each one. Very nice indeed. I'm really fond of the dual SFT's units myself. Its like a little box full of fuzzy little chainsaws all wanting to love up ones ear drums :hihi:
Thanks Captain!
It's really good to hear how great all four 1966s sound, each one with it's particular thing going on.
The SFTs do sound very good inded. I love the fact that you have the attack a little bit after you can already hear the sustain oscilate in a very musical way... very cool.

Tiago, this is a great resource for me! I appreciate your choice of riffs (1 vs. 2) for each pedal and the comparable volume between pedals of the same "type." Thanks!

You're welcome jimi-dylan!

On hi-fi quality they play all glitchy and wobbly with some strangled compressed fuzziness that sounds good to me Although that's not how they're meant to sound maybe that says something about my taste that I'm digging it

I know it's playing weird in some computers... still trying to figure out why...

I've also added thre more clips at the same url... they are from my three Meathed pedals... an early single knob custom color purple, a white large box Meathed Deluxe and a current production single knob Meathead.
They were done with a humbucker guitar through the Meathead into a Hiwatt.
Hope you like them...
Cheers!
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Nice comparisons. I like the Meathead clips too
It's like an orange on a toothpick
CliffBass

Post by CliffBass »

Wow, really cool clips. I dig the STF version the most, and wow the super bee switch is niiiiice.

:?: Does anyone know if one can pick the innards for their '66? Like STF's vs. silicon? :?:
the_original_mr_nice

Post by the_original_mr_nice »

CliffBass wrote:Wow, really cool clips. I dig the STF version the most, and wow the super bee switch is niiiiice
:?: Does anyone know if one can pick the innards for their '66? Like STF's vs. silicon? :?:
If you are lucky enough to get your hands on a 1966 then any version would be a work of genius :tu: The Captain moves in mysterious ways and we are happy to receive any blessing that he bestows on us :oldgrin: