Mention of CS One Knob by the band Everest

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

agoldoor

Mention of CS One Knob by the band Everest

Post by agoldoor »

I haven't heard of these guys before, but I saw this in Paste Magazine... they had a feature on various guitarist's pedal boards (kind of strange for a non-gear/non-musician magazine.)
http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/list ... s.html?p=2

Excerpt that mentions the one-knob:
"...My favorite pedal right now is the infamous Colorsound One Knob Fuzz, also known as “The Fuzz.” I bought this pedal at the original Macari family store in London to commemorate the end of an incredible month of touring in Europe opening festivals for Neil Young and club/theater shows with My Morning Jacket. This pedal is a rare fuzz that has no problem cutting through the mix in a three guitar band. It’s my secret weapon when it’s time to get loud, and an extremely useful souvenir from an amazing summer in Europe. Big, blue and one single awesome knob..."
- Joel Graves, Everest
Creepyfingers

Re: Mention of CS One Knob by the band Everest

Post by Creepyfingers »

I know Jason Soda the other guitarist in Everest. He uses a couple Creepy Fingers pedals. He was nice enough to let me borrow his Sam Ash Fuzzz Boxx which I cloned a while back. He's got some nice gear. I actually built a Fuzznugget for him to give to Neil Young on that tour but Neil Young's guitar tech refused to pass it on to him.

--Brad
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Refused to pass it on?! Wtf!? Although I don't think Neil has used any new gear in a long time. When I saw him a couple months ago here in Seattle he had old black, a deluxe, and his weird giant pedalboard thing. I caught the last song or so of Everests set...they sounded pretty good.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Zacharia Matilda

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

Neil Young's tech sounds like a serious DB.
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Maybe you should put the Fuzznugget in a case that looks like a model train. Surely Neil couldn't resist that. Shit, his patents for model train controls LOOK like fuzz boxes…

agoldoor

Post by agoldoor »

Creepyfingers wrote:I know Jason Soda the other guitarist in Everest. He uses a couple Creepy Fingers pedals. He was nice enough to let me borrow his Sam Ash Fuzzz Boxx which I cloned a while back. He's got some nice gear. I actually built a Fuzznugget for him to give to Neil Young on that tour but Neil Young's guitar tech refused to pass it on to him.

--Brad
Whoops, sorry about that Brad, I should have mentioned that your stuff was mentioned by Jason just above/below the entry for the other guitarist. =)
Creepyfingers

Post by Creepyfingers »

That model train thing is not a bad idea!
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Creepyfingers wrote:That model train thing is not a bad idea!
My gift to you, Brad. Merry Christmas :badteeth: