Greasebox GB-83

Fuzz tones for the musically outrageous and mentally overdriven.

Moderator: The Captain

Fuzzz

Re: Greasebox GB-83

Post by Fuzzz »

Nice one Markoni! I have been getting accustomed with the GB83 as well and I have to say, its incredible!! Well done to Linzi, and The Captain for creating yet another pedal that totally rocks! :cheers: :party:

I love the extra bite the 83 has compared to the GB80 - it doesn't sacrifice the low end by being brighter and with the Volume cranked on both, the GB83 has way more vol than the GB80!! :headpop:

It sounds so evil through the Matamp set to just breaking up.. With the gain cranked, it is just insane! Kind of reminds me of the Buzzaround as there is just so much fuzzy gain available! It is also very very very loud!!

I can still hear the similarities between the two pedals, but they are different enough to be their own thing too.

Absolutely love these new Greasers, and I think the Lime on Grey looks awesome!!!
Grease&Grease.jpg
Grease&Grease.jpg (117.49 KiB) Viewed 6975 times
GB83.jpg
GB83.jpg (136.72 KiB) Viewed 6975 times
GreaseX2.jpg
GreaseX2.jpg (151.29 KiB) Viewed 6975 times
Logic should not interfere with determination
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

I think I finally cracked the GB-83 code, was always trying to use it as it's own effect, but no it didn't like that too much. You can truely make any pedal you got a greesebox by stacking it with your other fuzzers/od's/ distorions.. Just fuckin awsome. Just like the captain said a tool to make anything greasey. Was getting some great tones with the Black Acid and running the GB-83 into it's input.. Greasey thunder baby!!
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Totally agree, I didn't like the Greasebox into a clean amp, but into an overdriven amp it's awesome. I also like stacking it into other od pedals. Makes an amazing lead tone into a Titan :crackjam:
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

Yep, I agree - the 83 definitely works best with a dirty amp or other pedals. i find it really thickens the sound with the volume high.

The GB83 with a Meathead is pretty awesome. The Gb80 into the 83 is fun also! :freakout:
Logic should not interfere with determination
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Whats up with the radically different part count between the GB-80 and 83? Im sure there's a single darlington used in the latter but im counting a different number of resistors, caps, and the 83 doesn seem to have the diode!
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

oh yeah GB-83 --> Red Rooster, sugar boost, driver etc.. be the shit meng :headpop:
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
T.Glaze

Post by T.Glaze »

one of my favorite pedals,
kick-ass in the mix.
t
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Man this pedal has just been blown my mind recently, I dont think I'll ever need a germ treble booster again in my life..
jerms

Post by jerms »

Dr Tony Balls wrote:Whats up with the radically different part count between the GB-80 and 83? Im sure there's a single darlington used in the latter but im counting a different number of resistors, caps, and the 83 doesn seem to have the diode!
pretty sure the diode is in the germ one is there to temperature stabilize the last transistor... thus with silicon, no diode needed...
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

Just want to say I believe this is my favorite pedal to date . Perfect for my sound . :cthulhu2:
L O V E