Castledine JFET Boost & Olympic Custom Fuzz

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

daCod

Post by daCod »

Olympic Fuzz = holy fuck!!! :headpop:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sciencefriction

Re: Castledine JFET Boost & Olympic Custom Fuzz

Post by sciencefriction »

Yeah, I think it's my favorite fuzz, but don't tell the MKI I'm cheating. :paranoid:
Yggdrazil

Post by Yggdrazil »

Both great demos :crackjam:
Made me want a Olympic Custom Fuzz :crackjam: :crackjam:
Instagram:@Stonefly_effects

The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.>David Fair
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

That Olympic sounds killler!!! Hows the output volume? Also, it looks as though the fuzz wasn't dimed in that demo id love to hear what it sounds like with the fuzz control up full!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sciencefriction

Thanks guys. :cheers:

It's got a lot of volume on tap. If you match the fuzz to where I had the volume set, that seemed to be unity. I love effects but as far as using them I'm a novice., haha. Yeah, I set the fuzz where I could still get a good range of clean to fuzz using my guitar volume. I can record a video here in a little bit with the fuzz maxed out.

The amp had a bit of hair on it, it's not completely clean with Humbuckers at that volume. The Olympic Custom Fuzz is on 100% of the time. The Octave pedal is switched in a couple of times. This was my fifth attempt and I accidentally clicked the Octave on then off, and then on later haha. It all works out though. I wanted to mix things up a bit. So if you this bothers anyone I'll make another demo without the Octave pedal. I had a cool recording going and my phone fell off the counter. :hihi:

I'm not sure how it comes across to you guys, but I think the Octave has this really cool bloom. Maybe it's sag n bloom? I don't know what that jazz is about. I didn't use a volume pedal or wah or anything. It's hard not to go off noodling into the sunset with these pedals. :smashed:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Octave sounds rad!! Super Queens of the Stone Age sounding. Thanks for the demos!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sciencefriction

No problem. :) Yeah, with the fuzz at max, it's a bit heavier than I normally play, and with the Les Paul too.. Definitely a QOTSA vibe, one of my favorite bands.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Olympic Custom Fuzz and GE Octave! :badlove:

The Olympic Custom is essentially the octavia without the octave, right?
sciencefriction

Re:

Philip wrote:Olympic Custom Fuzz and GE Octave! :badlove:

The Olympic Custom is essentially the octavia without the octave, right?
I'm not sure. I know the Olympic Silicon Fuzz is. I don't know the history as well as Stu does. I don't know if Jimi ever used a hybrid Octave fuzz or if it the hybrid fuzz, equivalent to the custom fuzz, was developed as just a standalone fuzz.