1965's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (data dump)

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

fendersilver

Re: 1965's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by fendersilver »

June 2009 The Captain released ten "copper head" 1965 pedals. These contain a translucent copper paint job.
The first five pedals contained the OC75/2G381 transistors and the other 5 contained Mullard OC78 transistors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l23o4hS_HUM

fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

March 2015 Joe’s Pedals fulfilled a total of 23 orders in under 3 minutes. Originally there were only going to be 10 to available.
Dave had just enough spare boxes to fill these 23 orders. This order of D*A*M 1965 contained two OC82DM and one OC78.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I blast out the ghastly contents of philosophically whited sepulchers and laugh with sardonic wrath!"
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

The Captain wrote: 9 years later. 1965 circa 2016. A little different from the last batch Joe Pedal's received, firstly being that they are black, secondly I opted to use a somewhat more traditional transistor arrangement. A single OC75 and two Texas Instrument devices do the hard graft; the latter being 2G374's. Not as annoying to set-up as the 2G381 one discovered, tonal gratification delivered.
The 'Supe Zee' switch is more akin to the original 2007 1965 though there is still a little extra kick in the chops compared to those early units, but not as ridiculous as the 2015 1965, fun though that was the insane volume boost probably isn't required by most sane individuals.
The bias network differs from pedal to pedal, as seen the original MKI's, so needless to say they are pretty precisely tuned, though not as ironed out as I have done with previous versions. The manufacture of the OC75's also varies from one unit to the next, I was seeking specifications not a pretty face. The pedal photographed was selected at random, some have the Valvo style capsule, others the Philips type, all deliver the goods.
This was a run of 15. May 2016

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“We must all be cut out for what we do. However you make your living is where your talent lies.”
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

2016 D*A*M 1965 FUZZ TONE BENDER MKI CUSTOM GREEN 4 OF 4

This model of the 1965 is finished in Boston Green and features
a Philips OC75/Texas Instrument 2G374 transistor configuration.
This finish is number 4 out of 4 pieces that were made in total.
There are not plans to build more 1965 pedals.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and
the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says,
"Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

fendersilver wrote:
Is that a quote from the Capt?
’brutish in character but not thug like’
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

I know Joe said on Instagram there would be more sometime in the future. So unless something's changed all of sudden..
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGHqV-yrjkM ... joespedals
jerms

Re: 1965's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (data dump)

Post by jerms »

this thread needs to go in the data dump section now....
sciencefriction

Re: 1965's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (data dump)

Post by sciencefriction »

jerms wrote:this thread needs to go in the data dump section now....
:lol:
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

innerflight wrote:
fendersilver wrote:
Is that a quote from the Capt?
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"

The Captain wrote:
Oh, 1965’s! Is there going to be a list? No would be the answer to that. Not that you need to know just I want you to know as it might stop any craziness later down the line. So I’m a pedal builder yeah. I didn’t plan on making these and I don’t plan on making any more at any time soon. My ‘fun’ with the MKI circuit has long since gone. When it comes to biasing, this is the king bastard of kings.

:chaos:

SRe: 1965's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (data dump)

Post by fendersilver »

The last of this current batch of 1965's. :hump:

This model of the 1965 is finished in Pillar box red and features a Philips OC75/Texas Instrument 2G374
transistor configuration. This particular finish is number 2 out of 2 pieces that have been made in total.

W

The Captain wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:13 pm 1965 TD-00 x 3. Same shit, new artwork, no side switch. Old timey tuning all the way. Will be installed with a complement of 2 x black glass OC75 and 1 x TI 2G374. These enclosures all have slight surface marks, faint scratches and scuff marks. I mainly did these to test out the new artwork, past these I have no idea if there'll be more at this point in time.
The Captain wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:05 pm
w00t! First day of spring...therefore, spring cleaning. Just finishing up the last of the MKI's for Sola Sound (yes, it's taken me that long) and I have a bunch of left-over TI transistors. Obvious conclusion - 1965's.

There are 10 available for pre-order on the direct page. Lead time will approx 12 weeks, which puts us at early June. Transistor set-up will be the same as the three black units that went up a while back, OC75 x 2 and a single Texas Instrument device, either a 2G309 or a 2G374. Them's all the issue 0.2 artwork, as pictured.

The Captain wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:51 pm Yo! Two more '65's on the direct page for pre-order, I sent 12 to screen print not 10. :smashed: Info and lead is the same as posted above.

:whistle:
The Captain wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:27 pm
Another 3 x Black n Gold 1965's. B Stock again, as in teeny tiny surface marks and scratches. Nothing major and nothing that's actually penetrated the paint. These are in with the current stash I'm working on which I'm aiming to complete before the end of July. Tufnol Kite circuit board construction (AKA Paxolin) inc. 2 x OC75 and 1 x 2G374 or 2G309.
The Captain wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 pm Miniaturizeded! :smashed: