David Main, what could you be up to?

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

sovtekfuzz

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by sovtekfuzz »

That said I do seem to recall David saying their enclosure place that they've been with since forever closed recently so maybe that could be a bad omen
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:26 pm
daCod wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:51 pm the longer Dave is quiet here the more cool shit appears all at once...
I get the feeling things are winding down for D*A*M. It seems David is building exclusively for Macaris these days and I have not seen any posts in a very long time. That is the nature of running a business. I hope I am wrong, as it would be cool to see another forum run.
This is what I think. Wonder how many NOS transistors are left in the world too.
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
Spook

Post by Spook »

First the climate and now the transistors, everything is fucked 😭
:pazuzu:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Bigfoot2000 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:52 am
1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:26 pm
daCod wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:51 pm the longer Dave is quiet here the more cool shit appears all at once...
I get the feeling things are winding down for D*A*M. It seems David is building exclusively for Macaris these days and I have not seen any posts in a very long time. That is the nature of running a business. I hope I am wrong, as it would be cool to see another forum run.
This is what I think. Wonder how many NOS transistors are left in the world too.
They're getting super rare, as the R2R Electric guy was lamenting having to front 10k for a bunch of NOS OC75 transistors. He also indicated that the cost is increasing exponentially. Unless a manufacturer begins making some quality spec germanium transistors I see the NOS pedal show coming to a conclusion.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:26 pmI get the feeling things are winding down for D*A*M.
The Captain Is Out To Lunch And The Sailors Have Taken Over The Ship? Nah. Shit ain't winding down, man. Buying a house, moving the business, setting out on a new life, etc. Just new shit that took me away from this infernal machine.
Like I always say, the first thing that suffers when I'm mad busy is my internet activity, or lack thereof. Still rocking a desktop PC and running Windows 7, yo! That said, things are falling into a nice, comfortable order, so I'm aiming to be somewhat more active than the cyber corpse I have been of late.

So fear not, I'm not dead, and neither is D*A*M. Something wicked this way comes. :marx:

Any ways, I hope you guys are all doing well. Stay weird.

:party:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

The Captain wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:58 pm
1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:26 pmI get the feeling things are winding down for D*A*M.
The Captain Is Out To Lunch And The Sailors Have Taken Over The Ship? Nah. Shit ain't winding down, man. Buying a house, moving the business, setting out on a new life, etc. Just new shit that took me away from this infernal machine.
Like I always say, the first thing that suffers when I'm mad busy is my internet activity, or lack thereof. Still rocking a desktop PC and running Windows 7, yo! That said, things are falling into a nice, comfortable order, so I'm aiming to be somewhat more active than the cyber corpse I have been of late.

So fear not, I'm not dead, and neither is D*A*M. Something wicked this way comes. :marx:

Hell yeah!!! :freakout:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Spook

Post by Spook »

Great to hear man!! 😀
:pazuzu:
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Fuck yeah Capt, good to hear from ya!!
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

Hey Dave!
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

The Captain wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:58 pm

News of my death has been greatly exaggerated.