Ever hear a D*A*M 1965? Want to? Open this thread!

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

JP30

Re: Ever hear a D*A*M 1965? Want to? Open this thread!

Post by JP30 »

thanks for posting this ! J&M ! I love the sound ! :cheers:

1965.... I MUST have it .... :badlove:
Philip

Post by Philip »

There's an awful lot of mic clipping which makes it hard to hear the actual sound of the pedal. :zgrin:
jacobjj5

Post by jacobjj5 »

Man-o-man does that pedal sound sweet! I am insanely jealous :oldgrin:
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

Philip wrote:There's an awful lot of mic clipping which makes it hard to hear the actual sound of the pedal. :zgrin:

Sorry! Work with what I got. I didn't think it was clipping that bad. A little, but not so much you can't get a feel for the pedal.

For what it is worth though, the sound that I am hearing back from my speakers isn't far off from what is coming out of my amp. :ztongue:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Jazzandmetal? wrote:
Sorry! Work with what I got. I didn't think it was clipping that bad. A little, but not so much you can't get a feel for the pedal.

For what it is worth though, the sound that I am hearing back from my speakers isn't far off from what is coming out of my amp. :ztongue:
I wasn't having a go, just saying what I heard. 8-)

I guess clipping is the wrong word, it's more like when you record a band practice through a tape recorder or something and the sound overloads the inbuilt mic.

Enjoy the 65 while yah got it. :tu:
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

Philip wrote:
Jazzandmetal? wrote:

I wasn't having a go, just saying what I heard. 8-)

I guess clipping is the wrong word, it's more like when you record a band practice through a tape recorder or something and the sound overloads the inbuilt mic.

Enjoy the 65 while yah got it. :tu:
It's cool. The comment that you couldn't actually hear the pedal just struck me as a little excessive . The pedal just sounds that way. I listened back multiple times before posting to make sure I wasn't misrepresenting the pedal, and I don't think that I am. I don't really hear a tremendous amount of clipping although it isn't super duper clean.

I definitely don't hear the "band through a tape recorder" type of clipping you are talking about. At any rate, I will try to do some more clips at my friends studio. Hopefully his mics don't clip too much for you. :bleh:

Bones told me you have some 65 clips too. Do you still own it? Can you post yours too? The more clips of this pedal the more unattainable pedal GAS we can induce! :cheers:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Jazzandmetal? wrote:
I definitely don't hear the "band through a tape recorder" type of clipping you are talking about. At any rate, I will try to do some more clips at my friends studio. Hopefully his mics don't clip too much for you. :bleh:

Bones told me you have some 65 clips too. Do you still own it? Can you post yours too? The more clips of this pedal the more unattainable pedal GAS we can induce! :cheers:
:hihi:

My clips are still online at www.myspace.com/damsoundclips

Sadly I don't own the pedal anymore, mrpicard has it, atleast it went to a loving home. :love:
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

Philip wrote:
Jazzandmetal? wrote:

:hihi:

My clips are still online at http://www.myspace.com/damsoundclips

Sadly I don't own the pedal anymore, mrpicard has it, atleast it went to a loving home. :love:
Listening now :badlove:

Do you remember your set up those? Sounds like you have the attack all the way up? We definitely have two different takes on the pedal. The last part of soundclip B is rockin! :mrgreen:

The slide on the MKII clip is cool as well!
Philip

Post by Philip »

I think the MKI clips were through a Vox Dynamic bass head. The buzzaround/fuzzaround clips were through my Vox Supreme.

The MKI B clips feature the 3 different MRB settings on the amp, hence the weird honky nasal tones. The attack knob would have been at about just before 9 o'clock, where the fuzz sound reached the first stage of fullness. Full attack on that 65' was way too crazy for me. :hihi:
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

Philip wrote: Full attack on that 65' was way too crazy for me. :hihi:
Me too. But not because it was "fuzzier" but because it reverses how I am used to playing. The harder you pick, the more squashed and the lighter you pick the louder it is. It has a lot of squash going on at full tilt.

My clips had the fuzz at about 2. That is where I personally thought it sounded best. I turned it down at some point, but 2 seems to be my preferred setting.