WEM (WATKINS ELECTRIC MUSIC) PROJECT V FUZZ

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Re: WEM (WATKINS ELECTRIC MUSIC) PROJECT V FUZZ

Post by Nick »

There's been a DIY clone of the Project V up on Rottenverb for a few weeks now for $peanuts. No idea how faithful it is (and no affiliation to the builder/seller), but I'm surprised that there's so little interest in the model that this hasn't sold: https://reverb.com/uk/item/77766226
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

So, as I suspected before, the early Project V was indeed broken. Trouble-shooting led to a little ego boost and me feeling clever with myself by spotting that the issue was with the wiper of the second trimpot — it had been bent away from the carbon track and so there was no resistance to Q4C.

Anyway, 'tis fixed! Proof of life:

daCod

Post by daCod »

😵😵😵
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Nick wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 pm So, as I suspected before, the early Project V was indeed broken. Trouble-shooting led to a little ego boost and me feeling clever with myself by spotting that the issue was with the wiper of the second trimpot — it had been bent away from the carbon track and so there was no resistance to Q4C.
It is gratifying to know that if you stare long enough and hard enough at pictures and real-life examples of fuzz guts, that a little bit of knowledge of what does what eventually starts to sink in. Also helps if you inhale a lot of solder fumes…
Salesman

Post by Salesman »

That thing does sound killer. :freakout: :freakout: :freakout: :freakout: :freakout: