Good uni-vibe/rotary speaker pedal?

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Garfunk M. Rafferty

Good uni-vibe/rotary speaker pedal?

Post by Garfunk M. Rafferty »

Anyone got any recommendations? I quite like the look of that Effectrode unit..
Nicorette for your chakras.
tatter

Re: Good uni-vibe/rotary speaker pedal?

Post by tatter »

I have the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe and i absolutely love it. The tremolo is also brilliant, so treakable. But if for some reason i lost it i'd probably go back to the danelectro chicken salad, i'm not kidding, for sheer bang for the buck it's unbeatable, they sound great. The only downside is the build quality but i gigged mine for at least a year with no problems.

I also have a T-Rex Beta Vibe which is less uni-vibe more leslie which is great but couldn't be doing with the power cord. The Arion Chorus also does a great fast leslie-ish sound.

I suppose it depends whether you want a univibe or leslie type sound?
http://www.myspace.com/sinisterfootwear
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinisterfootwear

Fender Vintage Player Stratocaster > D*A*M AA > Arion SAD-1 > Line 6 M9 > Ibanez 850 Mini Fuzz > CAE Boost / Line Driver
Cado

Post by Cado »

+1 on Bob Sweet. I have a Mojo Vibe & it gets the job done. The other guitarist in my band has a Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere, that thing sounds like an actual Leslie.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

The Dunlop Roto Vibe isn't bad for a cheap alternative. The Voodoo Vibe Jr. gets you there without all the tweaking needed for its bigger brother the Voodoo Vibe.
What do you want from life
An Indian guru
to show you the inner light?
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

I own the KR Megavibe. Had a Sweetsound Mojovibe and that was great, but the Megavibe has more clarity, but still manages to be nice and soupy and super thick. :badlove: I've heard the Ultra sounds different than the Mojo and many owners of the original Ultra preferred it to the Mojo.
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

I've got a dunlop univibe and a rotovibe. The univibe is for sale, couldn't get the sounds I wanted out of it, but the rotovibe sounds great and was less than half the price.
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

Good luck on your search. Here's a couple of used Fulltone DejaVibes for sale: http://www.analoguehaven.com/used/
(I do not work for them or know anyone who does, but I have bought used from them and they are top notch.)

My experience...

As for univibe:
I love the Vibe on my Foxrox Captain Coconut 2. Though I have not played the new Foxrox Aquavibe, I would be surprised it if were very dissimilar. I think at least one person on this forum has mentioned that they own an Aquavibe.

As for Rotary Speaker:
The best rotary speaker sound (besides a real Leslie rotary speaker) that I've heard is on my Dr Scientist Radical Red Reverberator. It's also a FANTASTIC reverb pedal. However, the rotary only has two speeds.

My first vibe was the Dunlop Reissue Univibe. It sounded like an toy imitation, but that is just my opinion. I only realized the extent of that after getting the Foxrox.
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

I have the Motion Sound SRV-212 Rotary Guitar Speaker and that has to be the biggest footpedal in the world :-)
d4niel

Post by d4niel »

The MJM Sixties Vibe is a contender that I've been considering myself besides the Aquavibe!
Main info: http://www.mjmguitarfx.com/mjm_sixties_vibe.html
Sound samples: http://www.mjmguitarfx.com/mjm_soundsamples_2.html
garyrogue

Post by garyrogue »

As with the wah recommendation thread, I also recommend the MJM 60's vibe, I have had one from the beginning.

The Tube vibe is also great, I liked it very much. Also want to try Aquavibe.

You may have to sample yourself, I found some vibes to be a bit to bright/thin, others dark. Of the ones I have tried I liked the 60's, the tube vibe and provibe in CC1/CC2.