David Main, what could you be up to?

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Markusgit81

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by Markusgit81 »

Q2 as well. Seems to arrive Wednesday in Germany. Really excited as well.
dancehall

Post by dancehall »

Guess we’re all getting Q2s up in here! They all sounded incredibly appealing though.
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

I received my VZM 65 yesterday. Very psyched to try it. Decided to let it acclimate to the temp of my studio overnight.
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

You guys get the Benders yet?
dancehall

Post by dancehall »

Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other’s gold.

Very educational comparing these two! I’d say the Castledine is definitely darker, more saggy when you dig in on the low strings, maybe more artifacts and just primitive sounding. The Q2 is brighter, higher output, more singing — and not as gated as I had come to expect from some system-tuned demos. Which is kind of nice because I don’t have to worry about sustained notes choking out. When the attack knob is cranked it just gets this compressed sorta pinched sound and the notes really fly off the fretboard effortlessly.

Not that I was planning on letting one go, but now I really feel like I’ll probably have to keep them both forever haha. The Q2 seems more useful for more situations and more guitars, but man, the Castledine really sounds special with a Tele bridge pickup.
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

Thank you for sharing! Really wish I had the funds when he dropped these, sounds like the captain knocked them out of the park! Stu’s V2 MKI soaked up the funds early this year for me, so I’m not going to complain! If anyone does sound clips, would be killer to see them posted here! Congrats on the new holy grail!
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

Thank you for sharing! Really wish I had the funds when he dropped these, sounds like the captain knocked them out of the park! Stu’s V2 MKI soaked up the funds early this year for me, so I’m not going to complain! If anyone does sound clips, would be killer to see them posted here! Congrats on the new holy grail!
dancehall

Post by dancehall »

Oops forgot the gut shot

Some cool bits in there! Also a bit more colorful than your typical mkI innards I'd venture to say, nice little rainbow of components :)

I fully intend to record some clips when I have the house to myself and can crank up a bit. Just had another quick play, man this pedal is a lead guitar machine. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's!
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

Dude WTF! Beautiful guts!!! Wasn’t expecting that!
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

walkingtiger wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:15 pm You guys get the Benders yet?
Mine got stuck for a wee while in castle donnington - must have been waiting for Bad News to play! HELLO CASTLE DONNINGTON!!!

Will land on Wednesday!!!!
IMG_0163.jpeg
IMG_0163.jpeg (121.93 KiB) Viewed 686 times
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo