D*A*M Direct

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

5E3

Re: D*A*M Direct

Post by 5E3 »

I ordered a Q2 yesterday. Stoked.
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

All the noise and gating is just a chefs kiss to me. I’m finding that teles and Les Paul’s seem to work well with the Q2 and might I say Mk1 s in general. Simple and direct. Tried a strat and 335 but I kept coming back to the LP and tele.
I’m excited to bring the VZM into the fold however.
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
fenderesque

Post by fenderesque »

5E3 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:34 am I ordered a Q2 yesterday. Stoked.
Did you get the invoice and payment info from Dave? Also contacted him yesterday, haven't heard back. I assume it will take some time but wanted to check your case.
5E3

Post by 5E3 »

fenderesque wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:44 am
5E3 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:34 am I ordered a Q2 yesterday. Stoked.
Did you get the invoice and payment info from Dave? Also contacted him yesterday, haven't heard back. I assume it will take some time but wanted to check your case.
Yes, I paid yesterday. I emailed him two days ago initially and heard back next day.
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

squarewave wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:44 am Q2 is fucking epic
Right on, thank you! If he does another batch I was planning on the Q2!
LiquoredLiam

Post by LiquoredLiam »

Lusting on a Q2 as well but never played any kind of "System" tuned MkI.
Is the Q2 extra gusto's purely on the artifacts and gating effects ? Thanks all !
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

LiquoredLiam wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:50 pm Lusting on a Q2 as well but never played any kind of "System" tuned MkI.
Is the Q2 extra gusto's purely on the artifacts and gating effects ? Thanks all !
I have a Futura that Ian tuned system style. The attack knob reaches its full gain setting at Noon. Once you start going higher, the Q2? Transistor begins to over bias and introduces gating. The extra gusto is in the different textures and gating for sure. You can get those zippery tones and the attack tightens ups. It’s almost like have two pedals, liquid fuzz on the first half of the dial, and different extremes of gated fuzz on the second half. It’s is a great tool if you’re looking for a larger palate of tones from one box :)
dancehall

Post by dancehall »

The gating on mine seems pretty subtle actually, but it definitely gets quite compressed in a very musical way. Favorite lead guitar pedal I’ve ever had! There’s ALMOST an octave in there, just a hint of one, singing quietly behind the fundamental. Quite lovely.

If I had the budget I’d seriously consider getting an Agent H to have both sounds on one board. But that would get visually confusing :bong2:
LiquoredLiam

Post by LiquoredLiam »

Appreciate your replies fellas. Still on the edge though as I am waiting my Agent H :smashed:
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

VZM tone distorter waiting for me to get home from work 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo