Black Sabbath '13'

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

Lee

Re: Black Sabbath '13'

Post by Lee »

I guess my main complaint is with Rick Rubin. The more I listen to the new single it sounds like a regular Ozzy album with Geezar and Iommi playing bass and guitar. Im just going to listen to my old sabbath albums and forget this even happened.

Im glad I saw Sabbath 15 years ago when they first reunited. It was one the best concerts Ive experienced.
John Lyons

Post by John Lyons »

Im just going to listen to my old sabbath albums and forget this even happened.
I think that's best. :oldlol:
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

Leecifer wrote:I'm not impressed the drums sound over processed or even fake. They are going to regret not having Bill Ward on this album. I do like the Guitar riffs Tony was playing but the vocals, lyrics and drums all could of been way way better.
Yeah, I thought the drums sounded fake as well.. Its a shame Bill wasn't on board as I agree he was integral to the sound and feel of early Sabbath.

I think I'll stick with the old stuff. :headbanger:
Logic should not interfere with determination
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

I've listened to the single a few times now and I can't even remember a single thing about it. When I'm listening to it, it doesn't make an impact. I don't expect progression and a renewed passion, but a certain level of quality. I think regardless of Bill Ward, Is God Dead? just isn't that great. The production takes away from the power of the song, places Ozzy's vocals too prominent and clear in the mix, and yes, the drumming isn't my cup of tea. It's a shame they didn't work things out with Bill Ward and went with RicK Rubin. I think it's a poor excuse to say that because a band is old they can't still be great, I'm very unimpressed Black Sabbath. I'm with the rest of you, I'm just going to forget this happened and go back to the early records.
waveclipper

Post by waveclipper »

http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/05/ozzy- ... wards.html

Ozzy must definitely be back on the sauce if he's wondering if Bill can 'cope' :lol:
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Far out :hihi: It's much better than the first single though...
Gary

Post by Gary »

Loner is so underwhelming. Ozzy's voice is absolute turd and he looks completely disinterested. I've got tickets to the Belfast show in Dec so I hope he digs up some enthusiasm come show time. I listened to God is Dead once and it just passed me by. Nothing to make me want to hit repeat. Not even a "meh" like the Cap said.

JP from Clutch would've been a great choice for the record but if the songs are shit then it doesn't matter. I hope I'm wrong, still gonna pic up the LP.
Steve
The Artist Formerly Known As KT66

Post by Steve »

I saw them a few weeks back in Melbourne. Like another poster said, the songs sound like Ozzy solo stuff. I'll still buy the album though.
jerms

Post by jerms »

Wow ozzy sounds like total dog shit in that live clip!!!! And that drummer, ugh!!!!
Nervous Nick

Post by Nervous Nick »

jerms wrote:Wow ozzy sounds like total dog shit in that live clip!!!! And that drummer, ugh!!!!
Couldn't agree more.
The song is also CRAP.