Introduce yourself, you bastard!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

caiofilipini

Re: Introduce yourself, you bastard!!!

Post by caiofilipini »

I guess I haven't introduced myself yet, either, so here goes!

My name is Caio, I'm (obviously) also a huge fuzz nerd and I've been building a few fuzz pedals in the last couple of years under the name Purple Noise FX. Here's my Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/purplenoisefx/

I live in Northern VA, USA, but was born and raised in Brazil.

Happy to be here. Cheers!
Last edited by caiofilipini on Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daCod

Post by daCod »

welcome aboard! :captain:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Welcome to both of you!
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Jan6

Post by Jan6 »

innerflight wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:07 pm Hello Jan, please tell me you were named after Jan Molby
Hhh not sure, i will ask my mother:)) anyway im from czech republic and my mothers brother is called Jan so i supose the wind is coming from that direction:)) also my legs have totally no skills with the ball..

Thanks for the welcomes guys!
simonm

Post by simonm »

Hi both!
Interesting you are fuzz builders too - it would be cool to see some old pedals /other gear from the Czech Republic or Brazil.
Handmade, high-impact, great-looking radical queer germanium fuzz. A different approach to 1960s-inspired fuzz pedals, no clones, check them out at https://goodfuzzysounds.com or on YouTube https://tinyurl.com/GFS-YT
caiofilipini

Post by caiofilipini »

As much as I would love to own some of the old stuff made in Brazil, I only started building somewhat recently, after moving to the US.
I go back often enough that I might be able to pick some up in the future, though. If I do, I'll definitely post them here!
Jan6

Post by Jan6 »

simonm wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:32 am Hi both!
Interesting you are fuzz builders too - it would be cool to see some old pedals /other gear from the Czech Republic or Brazil.
Ok, my pleasure to spam some of my stuff. As soon as i can create some thread, i will do so! But im living in Spain and building the pedals with my catalan fella, so the pedals are spanish pedals..

Btw you have already seen some czech fuzz. In the Black audio noise devices thread.
dancehall

Post by dancehall »

Hi all, just ordered a Q2 from the captain’s new 1965 batch and I’ve never owned a David Main pedal so I figured I should register here and learn some things. Current favorite fuzzes from my small collection are Boss TB-2w, AnalogMan Sun Face TI/UK, and Bliss Factory.
caiofilipini wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:37 pm I guess I haven't introduced myself yet, either, so here goes!

My name is Caio, I'm (obviously) also a huge fuzz nerd and I've been building a few fuzz pedals in the last couple of years under the name Purple Noise FX. Here's my Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/purplenoisefx/

I live in Northern VA, USA, but was born and raised in Brazil.

Happy to be here. Cheers!
I’m in Vienna VA, just listened to your demo of the System mkI you made. Sounds brilliant!
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Welcome one and all!
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
electricsound

Post by electricsound »

might as well introduce myself while i'm here.. up until a couple of years ago i barely knew there were fuzzes other than muffs, now i have benders coming out of my ears and can't stop. of course i was going to end up here. no DAMs yet but but hopefully one day soon.. hello to all!